Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSR/Rolex/Bobby Rahal at Autobahn

Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSR/Rolex/Bobby Rahal at Autobahn

08-21 thru 08-24. Click on photo below to view album.
Thanks for the hospitality of Short-Throw/Mike Newlander and one of the tracks founders Blake Hennessey.
Some truly great old racers led by a few Vettes and TransAm Mustangs. Click on photo below to view albums.
If you haven't been to Autobahn Country Club in Joliet outside of Chicago it is a very unique place, every kids dream of a racetrack with 30,000 square foot club house/condos ringing the track. Most have the first floor dedicated to garages storing 15 to 30 race cars for the members/owners and the upper levels as club house/kitchen/bar/personal office business space with observation decks overlooking the action on the track, very cool.
The track has 22 turns and no truly long straights which for club style racing should keep speed and death tolls down over tracks like Elkhart while teaching new and old drivers technical skills. The layout of the track seems to lend itself to light smaller engined cars like Porches and BMW's although I understand a Vette holds the course record.
Overall nice technical track, gorgeous facilities, and some of the nicest most accommodating people I've been around. I can see how the race Country Club is gaining favor and hope other are as successful at pulling it off as Autobahn
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, there are some amazing cars in that photo album! Mike is always the consummate host!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HSR/Rolex/Bobby Rahal at Autobahn