Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:19 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?

Went last year and looking forward to this year even more. New Dewitts is in, new A&A bracket is installed and ready to go. Curious if there will be a vette gathering. Seems like there were quite a few last year. Anyone?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Forecast is for 71* and only am drizzle. Looks good. It was 107* when I went last year with PCA. No one from here going?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is wilderness trail event and they only do a one day ... pretty long drive for that. I have asked them several times to do a two day ... surprised they get many folks to go for just a day and mid week to boot.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Hey, Johnny. Hope you and your daughter made it home okay. Let me know what you find out on the car. I think it's a ring problem and not the supercharger. Was good to see and talk with you again. Turned out to be a fairly good event. Plenty of track time.The 30 minute sessions appeared to be quite a bit longer than what I've experienced at other events. I have to agree about last year, the heat damn near killed me. Let me know if you decide to attend the Lowes event next year. I know Mike and I would like to come down for a few laps there.

Gene
Old 09-12-2008, 02:01 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Belive it or not, it made it the whole way home!! Stopped on 58 and got a couple quarts of oil just to make sure. Getting thru 58 with all the redlights was pretty bad, I mean it was smoking. I was afraid the cops would stop me. But once we got to 29 and then I-40, it hardly smoked at all. I ran 5th gear at 60 mph all the way home w/o stopping. "Low oil level" signal never appeared. You could tell it was skipping a cylinder but it still made it. I have a vette friend with a lift who is coming over tonite to look at it. He thinks it is the cracked ring. He said if it was something more, there would be a lot of noise. Looks like time for cam and head upgrade while I have engine out. I was having so much fun I hate this happened, but it could have been worse - I could not have made it home or I could have splattered my car down the frontstretch that time.

I will let you know about Lowes. It is also a PCA event and not very crowded. Hope to see you and Mike there or VIR again.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Glad to hear that the trip went all right. Please post what you find wrong with the engine. I think our next event will be with Audi in November at VIR. If you want, I can let you know when registration info is available.

Gene

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?

Quick Reply: Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?