Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overriding OEM seat electrinocs???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
kermooni
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Overriding OEM seat electrinocs???

How do you override (or fool) the seat electronics in a C6 once you remove it in favor of a racing seat?

Last edited by kermooni; 09-10-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Pfadt sells an override harness for about $99.

It will allow the telescoping wheel to function normally w/race seats.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Pull the seat controller and harness off the seat. Plug it in and throw under the race seat.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:24 AM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

I don't think it's that easy on a C6 with airbags in the seats (2LT & 3LT). The computer has to sense the airbag receivers, not just that the plugs are reconnected. That's why Pfadt's harness was created, and why it's so expensive.

In any case, I suggest you discuss with Aaron or Jordan at Pfadt Racing before you do anything, as they know the eccentricities of the different model years & option combos that would affect your particular car.

Last edited by EvilBoffin; 09-11-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CrystalRacer
I don't think it's that easy on a C6 with airbags in the seats (2LT & 3LT). The computer has to sense the airbag receivers, not just that the plugs are reconnected. That's why Pfadt's harness was created, and why it's so expensive.

In any case, I suggest you discuss with Aaron or Jordan at Pfadt Racing before you do anything, as they know the eccentricities of the different model years & option combos that would affect your particular car.
I don't see that the product listed. I know that on the C5 that it works if you plug in and throw it under the seat as I have done it.

Don't own a C6 but I would bet that is what works too.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Look at this post if you don't believe me. C6 seat electronics & airbags are much more complicated then C5.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...82&postcount=7

Read the rest of the above thread or do a search on "pfadt airbag" in the Autocross&Racing forum for more info. Or just call Aaron.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:13 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CrystalRacer
Look at this post if you don't believe me. C6 seat electronics & airbags are much more complicated then C5.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...82&postcount=7

Read the rest of the above thread or do a search on "pfadt airbag" in the Autocross&Racing forum for more info. Or just call Aaron.
Not saying that it is not complicated. $100 bucks is a cheap price anyway for a cure.

The same problems happen in some C5's, in fact some C5's won't run without the seat module connected. I know my 2002 Z06 would not run and coded out without the seat module plugged in.

I no longer have that car.

On my 2001 FRC Conversion Vette, I have C6 seats that have heaters and side air bags. Haven't figure out how I will wire them up yet, since the car is still in the body shop getting painted.

I'm sure there is a work around as not all C6's have side air bags in their seats.

The electrical systems of these cars is very complicated and you need a lot of patience working out the issues when you do modifications to it.

I have another set of C6 seats that have no air bags in the sides, so I'm sure if you got a schematic of the system or Pfadt's system you could make it work.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

I'm sure there is a work around as not all C6's have side air bags in their seats.
True, and that certainly makes things simpler for tracking a C6.

In my case, I NEEDED the telescoping wheel to get into a proper driving position in my C6, so I had to order the big 3LT package that includes side/seat airbags. I bet a lot of tall track rats got stuck with the same issue when they bought their C6's.

Also remember that ALL C6's have ballistic seatbelt pretensioners, which is something I don't want to mess around with down there in the seat harness. I'd personally rather use a pre-made, tested solution like Aaron's and avoid a trip to the dealership to 'reload' my seatbelts!!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
kermooni
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 3LT and Z51 packages on an A6, so I am working on using both my feet. But without a good solid seat, reaching with your left foot for the brake takes your body off of the center line making trail braking in a righty challenging

Thanks for the info. I will contact Pfadt.

Get notified of new replies

To Overriding OEM seat electrinocs???

Quick Reply: Overriding OEM seat electrinocs???