Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting Koni Sports ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 PM
blkc6z51
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Adjusting Koni Sports ????

Just got some Koni sports and would like to adjust them before I install.
So how do you adjust them, did not get any instrutions with shocks.
Thanks for any help.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Rod B
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a C5 Z06, inverted Koni Sport with the adjusters at the bottom, so not sure if we have the same shocks...

Anyhow, to adjust mine:

If you are looking at the adjustment slot, it is Left to right to soften. Don't over adjust, go full soft first and then count the sweeps right to left to stiffen. Never leave the shock ajusted to full stiff or full soft, always back it off at east 1/2 a sweep, otherwise they stick.

E.G. From under the car with the adjuster slot at the BACK side of the shock, go from drivers side to passenger side to SOFTEN.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
blkc6z51
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod B
I have a C5 Z06, inverted Koni Sport with the adjusters at the bottom, so not sure if we have the same shocks...

Anyhow, to adjust mine:

If you are looking at the adjustment slot, it is Left to right to soften. Don't over adjust, go full soft first and then count the sweeps right to left to stiffen. Never leave the shock ajusted to full stiff or full soft, always back it off at east 1/2 a sweep, otherwise they stick.

E.G. From under the car with the adjuster slot at the BACK side of the shock, go from drivers side to passenger side to SOFTEN.
Got it, Thanks alot.

Get notified of new replies

To Adjusting Koni Sports ????

Quick Reply: Adjusting Koni Sports ????