Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wheels with LG GStop

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What wheels with LG GStop

What wheels other than C5Z and the aftermarket GS fit on a C5 with the LG Gstop brake calipers with no or minimal spacer (< 1/4"). My aftermarket Z06 wheels need almost an 1" and that put the wheels way outside the wheel wells. I looking for a street setup (need a little bling). I use factory C5Z for the track. Oh, I should say that I don't want to dump serious $$$ for wheels either. I'd rather save that for some coil-overs.

Thanks

Rob
Old 09-18-2008, 12:42 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

oem GS wheels don't fit without a .750" spacer
Old 09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob's 73
What wheels other than C5Z and the aftermarket GS fit on a C5 with the LG Gstop brake calipers with no or minimal spacer (< 1/4"). My aftermarket Z06 wheels need almost an 1" and that put the wheels way outside the wheel wells. I looking for a street setup (need a little bling). I use factory C5Z for the track. Oh, I should say that I don't want to dump serious $$$ for wheels either. I'd rather save that for some coil-overs.

Thanks

Rob
My AFS (American made at the time) 17x9.5 with GS offset wouldn't fit either. The 17x11 GS offset does fit. Also have another make (China) 17x11 that fits as well. For a while after I went to the G Stop I used a factory Z wheel in front with the AFS 17x11 wheel in the rear.

For street bling why not get another set of front OEM Z wheels and a set of 17x11 wheels for the rear; or go with 17x11s all the way around. Then you could take the Z wheels you now have and chrome them.

Chromed OEM wheels look much better than most of the aftermarket stuff anyways.

Bill
Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
My AFS (American made at the time) 17x9.5 with GS offset wouldn't fit either. The 17x11 GS offset does fit. Also have another make (China) 17x11 that fits as well. For a while after I went to the G Stop I used a factory Z wheel in front with the AFS 17x11 wheel in the rear.

For street bling why not get another set of front OEM Z wheels and a set of 17x11 wheels for the rear; or go with 17x11s all the way around. Then you could take the Z wheels you now have and chrome them.

Chromed OEM wheels look much better than most of the aftermarket stuff anyways.

Bill

That's actually not a bad idea. I have two sets of factory Z wheels. Any idea how must to chrome?

What is the souce for the GS 17x11s that fit. What size to run a 275 in the front. I assume the 17x11s will work with a 315 for the rear.

Thanks

Rob
Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob's 73
That's actually not a bad idea. I have two sets of factory Z wheels. Any idea how must to chrome?

What is the souce for the GS 17x11s that fit. What size to run a 275 in the front. I assume the 17x11s will work with a 315 for the rear.

Thanks

Rob
I got the one set from AFS 8 years ago. The other set I purchased used 2 years ago. The AFS wheels were made in the US at the time. The second set of wheels I purchased were made in China but I do not know who sells them in the US. If it all possible you want the Corvette ZR1 Style Wheel Vs the F Body style wheel. The ZR1 style has a deep dish that allows much easier access to the lug nut. The F car set has a more stylish not as deep inset that makes it hard to get a wrench on the lug nuts. The second set of wheels I purchased are this way and it is a PIA to get the lug nuts on and off. Not too much on an inconvenience if you put the wheel on once a year but several times a month and it gets old.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To What wheels with LG GStop

Quick Reply: What wheels with LG GStop