Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Brey Krause Bar / Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:01 PM
faster68
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 101 Posts

Default WTB: Brey Krause Bar / Harness

Looking for a Brey Krause R-1115 - C5 Harness Mount Bar and Harnesses (have not decided on the brand yet). PM me or send to dp@2kvet.com.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Mark VerMurlen
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a complete setup of a BK Harness bar (R-1115), BK lap belt mounts (R-9115), and a pair of Crow 6 point cam lock harnesses that I took out of my C5 a couple months ago. I've been too busy to post it for sale yet. I'll also send you a PM.

- Mark
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 PM
limesmj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark you still have the harness bar for sale or no?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM
jimshepp1
Instructor

PM sent...
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1567742408

BK C5 harness bar

BK C5 harness mounts

Vetteworks Harness Mount

Simpson black camlock harness

For sale in the above thread.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:21 PM
rickkym
Instructor

I love my Brey-Krause BUT>>>

I have to take out the supports that bolt behind the seats if I want my SCCA runs to count when running in super stock. Don't know if you autocross but I sure wish someone had mentioned that to me before I bought it!

HTH

Last edited by rickkym; 11-05-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Originally Posted by rickkym
I love my Brey-Krause BUT>>>

I have to take out the supports that bolt behind the seats if I want my SCCA runs to count when running in super stock. Don't know if you autocross but I sure wish someone had mentioned that to me before I bought it!

HTH
Very true and good point. SS does not allow a harness bar to mount in more than two points (the stock seatbelt mounts.)

Does anyone really feel it "helps" the chassis stiffen up any?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
rickkym
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZO SIC
Does anyone really feel it "helps" the chassis stiffen up any?
The 'stanchions' (sp?) that go between the bar and behind the seats prevent the BK bar from rotating. I have run several events without them and the amount of rotation of the main bar was minimal. The Shark bar and others don't have the stanchions at all.

As for my bar stiffining the car (with or without the stanchions) I didn't notice any difference. I don't notice a difference with the roof panel in or out either but some guys say they do.

A totally off topic alternative is to only get a lap belt. Jerry Lee has taken first in nats with only a lap belt and it's sure easier than dealing with the shoulder belts. I drove his car and I honestly don't remember gripping the steering wheel any tighter to keep my upper body stationary.

YMMV
Old 11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Originally Posted by rickkym
The 'stanchions' (sp?) that go between the bar and behind the seats prevent the BK bar from rotating. I have run several events without them and the amount of rotation of the main bar was minimal. The Shark bar and others don't have the stanchions at all.

As for my bar stiffining the car (with or without the stanchions) I didn't notice any difference. I don't notice a difference with the roof panel in or out either but some guys say they do.

A totally off topic alternative is to only get a lap belt. Jerry Lee has taken first in nats with only a lap belt and it's sure easier than dealing with the shoulder belts. I drove his car and I honestly don't remember gripping the steering wheel any tighter to keep my upper body stationary.

YMMV
One of the old fogies that introduced me to Auto-X just used a velcro strap around his chest and around the seat back... Claimed it worked wonders too. $15 in materials, no parts or modding of car involved.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:15 PM
rickkym
Instructor

I've also heard that for insurance reasons harness systems are being discouraged at high speed events unless you have certified race seats too. I don't think this applies to autocross though. And I know at some events if the driver has a harness then so does the passenger (like an instructor).

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Brey Krause Bar / Harness

Quick Reply: WTB: Brey Krause Bar / Harness