Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need this part in a racecar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Do I need this part in a racecar?

Inside here is this thing that says …”inertial”…. Blah…blah…blah.

Does anyone know if this needs to be in a racecar to make our electronics work. I don’t want any weird feedback to AH or comp mode or whatever babysitters these C5 Z06’s have. Is this an inertial kill switch? Is it delicate?

Here is a closer picture I remounted it to another place on the center console but do I have to have it?

Thanks Guys!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 AM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

If it has a yellow connector it is airbag related. If I am seeing it correct that is the airbag controller
Old 09-20-2008, 12:27 AM
01Pewter
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
CI-X Auto-X Champ (street tires)
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Inside here is this thing that says …”inertial”…. Blah…blah…blah.

Does anyone know if this needs to be in a racecar to make our electronics work. I don’t want any weird feedback to AH or comp mode or whatever babysitters these C5 Z06’s have. Is this an inertial kill switch? Is it delicate?

Here is a closer picture I remounted it to another place on the center console but do I have to have it?

Thanks Guys!
The module you are picturing is an inertial sensing module. It senses the yaw rate, lateral and longitude acceleration. If removed, the active handling system will create error codes.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Pewter
The module you are picturing is an inertial sensing module. It senses the yaw rate, lateral and longitude acceleration. If removed, the active handling system will create error codes.
I thought the thing you are talking about is on the passenger floor by the tunnel under the seat? Or is the thing I got pictures the ecu module and the thing on the floor the actual sensor for it?

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Do I need this part in a racecar?

Quick Reply: Do I need this part in a racecar?