Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring cutoff switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:40 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Wiring cutoff switch

It has been 10+ years since I wired an electrical cut-off switch. It says to splice into the ignition. This needs to be done to kill a running engine because just cutting battery the car will run on alternator. So can anyone save me a huge amount of time and tell me which wire to splice into? It must be the power wire that runs the car in the "run" key position. The wires are as follows:

White connector:
orange
yellow
green
red

Black connector:
brown
red
red
black
pink

Thanks again for your help guys! I almost have a running racecar. Oh boy won't Oli be happy for a new guy to play with.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a long post on this last year where a guy bought a Flaming River kill switch and was trying to wire it in to kill the ign. The FR was over priced and a pain to get the wires right. You probably can find it in a search.
But, if you buy a normal kill switch with the alternator connection, you connect it to cut off either battery cable and the alternator connection grounds the field which shuts down the alternator. The only other NASA/SCCA requirement is that if you have an electric actuated fire system, that connection must remain hot at all times.

Quick Reply: Wiring cutoff switch