Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think a congrats is in order (maybe spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default I think a congrats is in order (maybe spoiler)

Congrats to a long hard battle in the Grand AM GT class. Banner Racing (Minnesota based team) took the top prize!!!!!!!!!!! They are running a Katech LS engine and Pratt and Miller designed chassis.

http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/news/index.cfm?cid=19387
The GT championship came down to the final race of the season, with Banner Racing Pontiac GXP.R teammates Collins and Edwards earning accolades in the division. The pair finished the campaign with their fourth victory of the year in Saturday's season-ending SunRichGourmet 1000 at Miller Motorsports Park. Leighton Reese won his first championship as a car owner, collecting a $55,000 Grand-Am contingency award check. Pontiac won the GT Class Manufacturer Award, with Steve Wesoloski accepting on behalf of General Motors.

"It's a dream come true to see this all come together," Edwards said. "Everyone here knows how hard it is to win a championship, and I am glad to finally be able to win one."

"Paul and I decided Saturday morning that the only way to win the championship was to win the race," said Collins, who finished third in the class in 2006 and second last year. "When they were playing the theme song from Grand Prix I knew it was going to be a good day."

Finishing second, nine points behind, were Andrew Davis and Robin Liddell, co-drivers of the No. 57 Stevenson Motorsports Pontiac GXP.R. They won three races in 2008. Taking third was the No. 70 SpeedSource Castrol Syntec Mazda RX-8 of Sylvain Tremblay and Nick Ham, who won the Rolex 24 At Daytona among their three victories.

Quick Reply: I think a congrats is in order (maybe spoiler)