Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pontiac Grand Am Road Race Car for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Pontiac Grand Am Road Race Car for sale...

Pontiac Race Car ASA 427 625 HP V8

Pontiac race car ASA, GTA, SCCA, Vintage, Porsche, Corvette, Audi, and other clubs eligible. Since total rebuild, Five star Pontiac Grand Prix body with lexan windows, Custom aluminum front splitter and under tray. New interior sheet metal and dashboard with all new Autometer tach, oil pressure, oil temp, and water temp. New ultra shield seat and cover. New five point harness, Fire system update. Many miscellaneous interior updates and modifications. Wiring system replacement with the addition of remote battery charge pins and switches. New MSD ignition box and new battery. Rebuilt fuel cell and new filler mount location. Chassis: Howe ASA chassis all three sections with the front being a new GTA clip. New motor mounts.

Modifications have been made to the front to support the splitter and increase the down force on the hood. Extra bracing is around the fuel cell. Every line on the car is new Air equip lines, brake lines, radiator hoses, and recovery tank lines. New Sweet rack and pinion steering with all associated lines and fittings. Every suspension part is new, including mounts. Heim and suspension ends. All parts are upgraded to Trans Am type and set up for road racing. The front reservoir Ohlin adjustable shocks have been re-valved and rebuilt. Wheel bearings, studs and hubs are new. Upgrade to BBS 3-piece 12” x 16” aluminum wheels. New radiator with electric spal fan. New catch tanks, Dual front brake cooling hoses each side. Front brakes are 13” x 1.25” treated rotors with very large Outlaw calipers. Front pads are 6” x 3” x 1”. The same rotors are on the rear with Wilwood calipers.

Motor: 427 cubic inch bow tie racing block (no Siamesed cylinders) with Brodix aluminum racing heads built by Cotrell Racing. The motor was built to be an endurance motor to be used at club events and to last for a very long time. Red line is set at 6,200 rpm. Very premium parts used. Horsepower 625@ 6000rpm and the torque is 584@ 5250rpm with 490@ 3,750.

Trans and rear end: The transmissions a four speed overdrive JERICO with a total rebuild in a new aluminum case. The drive shaft and yokes are new. Brand new quartermaster 7.25” triple disc clutch pack and release bearing. Brand new Quartermaster starter. The Winter quick change has a new pinion, all new bearings and races. New cover and electric oil pump and cooler with ram air. Fabrication and construction of this car have been professionally by S&S motorsports. Comes with BBS 3-piece wheels retailing at $1,000 a piece! Car has tons of power and runs strong. The car does have a little damage to the body where the under tray got bumped up by a berm and pushed out the front fender lip a little; (see last picture), also there are a couple of small tears in the fiberglass. Otherwise, the body is in reasonably good condition. Engine runs well and I put a brand new Quartermaster triple disc clutch, release bearing, braided line and master cylinder. I also have new Wilwood pedals and new Wilwood dual master cylinders with remote bias brake adjuster. Also, new Quartermaster high torque starter motor!

$15,000 for everything...this is a great deal since there is over $25,000 in the motor alone!!!

For more information call Bruce at 707-685-7295.

This is an INSANE high performance track car for only $15,000!!!

Last edited by BlackRocket; 09-24-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

wow!!!!!!!!!! nice!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Locke
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you sold her yet?
If I could afford to campaign it, I'd be asking if you would trade for a '96 Collector's Edition!
In the long run, this car would make much more sense as a track day car than modifying a $20,000 C-5. Alot safer too!

Locke
Old 10-01-2008, 09:06 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Y'know, I should ban myself from reading posts like this: I've still got another 4 years of college funding to go!

What a deal for someone!

Good luck in selling her, and have a good one,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Pontiac Grand Am Road Race Car for sale...

Quick Reply: Pontiac Grand Am Road Race Car for sale...