Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDA - Monticello - CANCELLED

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default PDA - Monticello - CANCELLED

Just in case someone didnt get the email

Originally Posted by PDA
IMPORTANT-Rain Cancellation 9/26

The event for Monticello tomorrow 9/26 has been cancelled due to the volume of rain predicted. The track will be providing us a replacement date which is not yet determined. Since this is a new facility and all are unfamiliar with it we feel this is the best decision in the interest of safety. You will be notified of the new date.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:34 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why no rain tires
Old 09-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by John Shiels
why no rain tires
Yesterday Roger (Roguewave), Chris and I debated about canceling or not. By late in the afternoon we decided that we would go since it was a new track we were learning and chances were that turnout would be light giving us more room on the track.

I switched over to Rain Tires and packed my rain suit. I loaded the trailer and the truck figuring we were going. We planned to leave around 6 and I am glad that Monticello called the event early enough so that we were not 1/2 way there. I called the hotel and enough though we were well within the 72 hour cancellation period they still allowed us to cancel.

Overall I think Monticello made a good call. A new track and the first real heavy rain fall they now can see where the puddles form (if any).

PDA stated there will try to make it up so we will be back soon. If not there is the Oct 24th date already scheduled with PDA.

Are you coming out this year John???

Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
Yesterday Roger (Roguewave), Chris and I debated about canceling or not. By late in the afternoon we decided that we would go since it was a new track we were learning and chances were that turnout would be light giving us more room on the track.

I switched over to Rain Tires and packed my rain suit. I loaded the trailer and the truck figuring we were going. We planned to leave around 6 and I am glad that Monticello called the event early enough so that we were not 1/2 way there. I called the hotel and enough though we were well within the 72 hour cancellation period they still allowed us to cancel.

Overall I think Monticello made a good call. A new track and the first real heavy rain fall they now can see where the puddles form (if any).

PDA stated there will try to make it up so we will be back soon. If not there is the Oct 24th date already scheduled with PDA.

Are you coming out this year John???

unfortunately not this year car is still in pieces and I am waiting for a rubber gasket from GM on the back hatch. Back order for two months nows or close to it. Trying to maintain business has become a priority and dropping a grand a day not a priority If I had put in together I would have come out for a few days. Every time I tried working on it it was so hot I walked away. I also have tire clearance problems with the tires I bought so I need to mod the fenders a bit or go wider but I am not keen on a wide body. I like to see the fenders flare at the edge. No clue what I will do.

Few times I wanted to come watch I didn't even make that for numerous reasons I have not driven the GS in over two years

Well hopefully I get to watch once this year and see some people besides the key board
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

last month I bailed on a pocono event, and although I didn't hear about the event, the rain seemed to hold out most of the day. It was that hurricane weather pattern coming up the north east.

I still wonder what happened that day.

I lost the money by not going.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by the blur
last month I bailed on a pocono event, and although I didn't hear about the event, the rain seemed to hold out most of the day. It was that hurricane weather pattern coming up the north east.

not to break your heart but they ran all day in the dry as I remember. It was in the post with the army car.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

well it is raining this morning so I guess it was a good call.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Dave Deerson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the Pocono event,Saturday was run in torrential rain(the race was shortened although I was having fun driving in it)and the day was pretty much ended after the race due to so much water on the track.Sunday was dry all day.
Monticello was cancelled as the forcast called for 3 to 5 in of rain today in the area.With no real garages it would be miserable to hang around between sessions .PDA will post a make up day as soon as Monticello finds an agreeable date.Stay tuned......

Dave D.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Shiels
unfortunately not this year car is still in pieces and I am waiting for a rubber gasket from GM on the back hatch. Back order for two months nows or close to it. Trying to maintain business has become a priority and dropping a grand a day not a priority If I had put in together I would have come out for a few days. Every time I tried working on it it was so hot I walked away. I also have tire clearance problems with the tires I bought so I need to mod the fenders a bit or go wider but I am not keen on a wide body. I like to see the fenders flare at the edge. No clue what I will do.

Few times I wanted to come watch I didn't even make that for numerous reasons I have not driven the GS in over two years

Well hopefully I get to watch once this year and see some people besides the key board
It looks like we need a brainstorming/renovation PARTY at John's place, so we can get that great sounding engine and John's great driving back to the track in 2009.

With all the collective knowledge, wisdom and creativity of this group John's problems should be short lived.

Come on John, we all want to see you back at the track (any track) and with 2 new ones in the area this should be easier than ever before. Hope to see you soon John. Give me a call if you need any help for a day or two.

Jim
Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

anyone know exactly where the track is, and what exit it is off ?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

anyone know exactly where the track is, and what exit it is off ?
According to their website under Contacts:

Track:

67 Cantrell Road
Monticello, NY 12701

based on google maps it would be exit 106 off of Rt 17.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

There web site is confusing, and doesn't list clear directions.
I saw the north side of exit 104 from google maps.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

There web site is confusing, and doesn't list clear directions.
I saw the north side of exit 104 from google maps.
the website sucks dragging you into the Flash crap. I looked for the track forever on the site and even click the map function they have up with no luck.

Finally I clicked contacts in the upper right so that I could call and holly chit it gives the track address...

Get notified of new replies

To PDA - Monticello - CANCELLED

Quick Reply: PDA - Monticello - CANCELLED