Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono Long Course Oct. 14

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:48 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Pocono Long Course Oct. 14

For anyone who is interested, the FCA Empire State Region is running a one day event at Pocono International Raceway, on the long course, on Tuesday, Oct. 14th. Although this is sponsored by the Ferrari club, it is open to any sports car. I'll be driving my '04 Z06, and there should be a number of Corvettes, Porsches, Audis, BMWs and other cars, in addition to a nice group of F-cars to run against.

Info on the event can be found on the Empire State Region website, click on "events" and scroll down to the Oct. 14 date:

www.empirestateregion.com

Also, the FCA track events are now qualified for HPDE track insurance. The link for info on the coverage and free cost estimates is on the Empire website events page. Or check it out at:

http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Default.aspx?cID=31

NAYYY, just a satisfied participant.

p.s. These events with FCA are reasonably priced and you get a lot of track time. If you want to run Pocono, you won't find an event that provides much more track time then you'll get at this one.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:48 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Always a great event sad part is it marks two years since I have been on track, well running .

Many neat cars there all the time. If I can get off work I would like to watch. Love the long course. Like to see a well run GTR there Always great cars there so hope someone takes pictures.
See what the faster cars run there for times

Quick Reply: Pocono Long Course Oct. 14