Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever run with 'DARKSIDE' at Roebling road?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Default anyone ever run with 'DARKSIDE' at Roebling road?

Thinking about attending on of their events.. was wondering on what people thought compared to PCA and seat time (the usual folks I run with).

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

anyone?!!?

http://www.darksidede.com/
Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
luderiffic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about attending the solo event in 2 weeks up there. I have zero experience with the vette but thought it would be fun and Roebling looks like a real track, not a bunch of cones set up on a runway.

It would be cool to have another vette there to benchmark against, I know I will suck.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Oh, roebling is a fun course... Its not a stdium corse (i.e. barber, VIR, CMP etc..) buts its close and fun...

I'm wondering how the organization is with darkside, the safety, etc..etc..

Has anyone run with them.. or even heard of them?!?!?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
DarksideDE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
Oh, roebling is a fun course... Its not a stdium corse (i.e. barber, VIR, CMP etc..) buts its close and fun...

I'm wondering how the organization is with darkside, the safety, etc..etc..

Has anyone run with them.. or even heard of them?!?!?
Howdy - not only have I heard of them - I am them :-)
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me.

We organized our first DE back in Nov 2001 - and modeled it after the Florida Crown Region, PCA. For years after that we organized the Coastal Empire and Ocmulgee regions' DEs at RRR. We have a nice safety record and if you'd care to talk to the folks who have been to our DEs -- you'll find we have a nice social angle as well as the driver angle.

We have 5 run groups from novice to instructor.
Green (Novice) starts with one passing zone and by the end of the first day, have all three (if they are behaving). Blue (Needs more seat time), White (solo) and Black (track junkies) have 3 passing zones. Red (instructors) have passing anywhere with a point.

This thread from the Georgia Mazda RX-8s might show you how enthusiastic a club can get about the Dark Side.
http://garx8club.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1768

They've even asked to borrow the logo to put on their own event t-shirt.

Right now I only have one Corvette signed in - so the more the merrier. We welcome all marques.

See you at the track

P.S. I just came across this. I'm sorry you didn't make the November 2008 DE - that was our best yet. We were sold out. The next one is May 2-3 -- and it is at Roebling. Registration is at www.clubregistration.net with instructions to follow there. I really hope we get to meet you this year. Keep that wind behind you...

Last edited by DarksideDE; 02-07-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added a P.S.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
SilverEIGHT
Heel & Toe

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Jackie mentioned this thread on GARX8Club.com so I thought I'd come over and add my 2 cents. Some of you may know me as one of the Motorsports photographers for NASA-SE... silvereightstudio.com. I've talked with a lot of you guys over the last couple years and shot photos of your cars. I especially remember some of the black vettes from Roebling and Road Atlanta.

I few of us drove with Darkside last fall and we fell in love with this organization. So much that we are headed back to the May event with about 11 RX-8's and several other cars. It's a laid back atmosphere with live music from Annie Allman (I think Greg's sister) at the BBQ on Saturday night. It's based on Porsche club rules and the run groups are a little different than NASA. If you want open passing in the red group, you will need to be an instructor. Next down the ladder is the black group and it's for solo but you are limited to passing in the three normal locations with a point-by. There are several groups below that but I can't ever remember them, Green, blue, white I think. There is no race group. The friday before there is an open track day for those that just can't get enough. It's a different organization.

The RX-8 club is hot on this event and we would love to see you guys join us at the track and if you want to discuss with some of our group, please join us at the thread Jackie mentioned above. You will need to register to gain access.

I found this in your photo album... one of my shots from Road Atlanta.

Last edited by SilverEIGHT; 02-07-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:04 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

I've never run with them, but I ran at Roebling 10plus times with PCA in the last two years before moving to PA, and they have a good reputation with the PCA instructors and many of the local drivers that run with them regularly at Roebling.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I may have to bring my crew to this one......my usual club no longer come to Roebling, and we need a May event.

Not my favorite racing track, but it's a great track for learning the techniques of becoming a great driver.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I've run with Jackie group when she was with the "other" Darkside, and the event was very good. The Sat. night Pig Pickin' (I don't know if she still does that) was magnificent. Safety was the primary concern of the weekend, which should make anyone feel comfortable with the organizers.

I'd give 'em a 2 thumbs up!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 AM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Falcon
I've run with Jackie group when she was with the "other" Darkside, and the event was very good. The Sat. night Pig Pickin' (I don't know if she still does that) was magnificent. Safety was the primary concern of the weekend, which should make anyone feel comfortable with the organizers.

I'd give 'em a 2 thumbs up!
I've run with them too !!!

They put on a well organized/very safe D E Event.

Get notified of new replies

To anyone ever run with 'DARKSIDE' at Roebling road?

Quick Reply: anyone ever run with 'DARKSIDE' at Roebling road?