Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI products and experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTI products and experience

Looking for a new chin spoiler and I see that MTI has a couple of things I'm interested in. Chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and the vented hood. Those who have experience with MTI... how is the fit and finish? Did you notice improvements? Any issues with brake cooling with the chin spoiler? Anything you can add will he helpful. Also pics would be nice.
Thanks in advance,
Chuck
Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Really... no one!?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
yardman
Advanced

Chuck,

I've had MTI do several things to my car and the last thing was their rear spoiler. I have their front splitter with undertray on mine also. I changed the rear out after realizing the one that I had on the back wasn't making enough downforce and the car was getting a little unstable at road atlanta. If you do their front splitter, look into their brake duct fans. These made a big difference, forgot to turn them on at Barber last month and noticed my brakes weren't feeling right after a couple of laps, realizing I hadn't turned them on, the brakes were good a lap after turning them back on.

Give them a call, i'm sure they can help you out.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 AM
JC@MTIRacing
Racer

Originally Posted by Zee0hh6ix
Looking for a new chin spoiler and I see that MTI has a couple of things I'm interested in. Chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and the vented hood. Those who have experience with MTI... how is the fit and finish? Did you notice improvements? Any issues with brake cooling with the chin spoiler? Anything you can add will he helpful. Also pics would be nice.
Thanks in advance,
Chuck
Glad to see you have interest in our products. The fit and finish of our products is outstanding and I'm as suprised as you are no one has chimed in with their experience with our aero. The chin spoiler and rear spoiler are two of our best selling products. Our extractor hood is a new item we are offering so not many people have experience with it. It looks great and the heat extraction adds to downforce. If you haven't seen this video about our aero development please take the time to watch it. The chin spoiler in no way affects the brake cooling. If you go with the full splitter and plan on spending alot of time on the track I do reccommend the brake duct fans.

The fit of the chin spoiler is so good that Guldstrand used it for their GSRT cover car for corvette magazine!

Here are a few more pics of our products

Old 10-10-2008, 09:42 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Chuck,

I have MTI's chin splitter and rear spoiler on my '06 Z. I can't say from direct experience that they have made a significant difference because I had them installed before I started tracking my car. I can say however that my car is very stable and well balanced at Road Atlanta and Barber with MTI's aero package and Big Red sway bars. Plus they look good ... fit and finish are great.

It seems like Reese *** and MTI do a good job of proving the technology before offering something to the market. They've done extensive testing at Aerodyne Wind Tunnel in Mooresville, NC, the same folks that test most of the Cup Car teams. Here's a link to their video.

http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick...kagepromo.html

Hope this helps!

Bob
Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Many thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 06:06 PM
blkz
Pro

MTI has done alot of work on my car. Included was the rear and front spoilers. They are very well made and hold up well(even when you drive into a curb, which I really don't recommend).I ridden is Z's without the aero work and mine is more stable particularly as speed increases.Give them a call ,you won't be disappointed. I'm shipping mine down shortly for more upgrades .PM me if you want to talk. Walt

Get notified of new replies

To MTI products and experience

Quick Reply: MTI products and experience