Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big thanks to American Racing Headers and ECS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big thanks to American Racing Headers and ECS!!

Cheers to both of them! I was having a hard time installing the drivers side header in my c5 and called up AR. I spoke to Frank and I tried to explain the problem. He could not figure it out so he contacted ECS and told them to call me! 5 minutes later I was given the perfect instructions by Chirs at ECS!!

all of that lead to this!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm considering purchase of these to help prepare my street car for time attack. What was the problem? They claim they are the easiest to install.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:30 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trackboss
I'm considering purchase of these to help prepare my street car for time attack. What was the problem? They claim they are the easiest to install.
alright, you all are going to make fun of me for this, but i was actually trying to install them from the top down

yup, sometimes I ride the short bus. Once they said bottom up, i raised the car up on stands more, and they went in with no problems at all.

I met the guys at American Racing at PRI, and the offered me a SWEET deal on their Racing setup, with custom dumps for my race car. Not more than a week later i called them up and I'm glad i did! They look AMAZING! are really easy to install and fit perfectly! The Guys at AR are really stand up and went out of their way to support "the poor boy racer!"

I'm really itching to fire the car up and see what they sound like... I'm sure this will be another reason for my neighbors to love me!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
alright, you all are going to make fun of me for this, but i was actually trying to install them from the top down

yup, sometimes I ride the short bus. Once they said bottom up, i raised the car up on stands more, and they went in with no problems at all.
I would have done the same thing. Even when I looked again at the picture just now I'm scratching my head how they make it in bottom-up!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ditto on American Racing Headers.

Great guys and very helpful. They did a custom setup for my LS3 in a C5 and I am more than happy with the install and performance.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I stopped by on my way to NJMP last year and I have no doubt, great guys! Check on the bolt torque and let us know if they stay tight (I am curious). If not, add some stainless steel Nordlocks.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

American Racing Headers = EXCELLENT customer service!!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM
hrtracer
Instructor

The guys at ECS are awesome! They do great work. AR headers are top notch, I had my AR's installed at ECS.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The only gripe I have about these headers is the ball/socket connection. I personally hate that type of connection. V band is the way to go if there is room and looking at the location of the joint for these headers there is plenty. I plan on giving them a call and see if they will do a set that way for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

The only gripe I have about these headers is the ball/socket connection. I personally hate that type of connection. V band is the way to go if there is room and looking at the location of the joint for these headers there is plenty. I plan on giving them a call and see if they will do a set that way for me.
I'm sure they can work something out for you. They fabbed me up some turn downs right after their X pipe. Its nothing you can buy off their website but they were more than willing to work with me on it.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

That's funny, that's one thing that I really like about them?

Congrats on your header install.

Get notified of new replies

To Big thanks to American Racing Headers and ECS!!

Quick Reply: Big thanks to American Racing Headers and ECS!!