Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caution, national back order

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Caution, national back order

Just thought I'd pass this along. Today I contacted one of our forum vendors to place an order for my C6Z06 and was informed that the GM part isn't available. All the dealers gave me the same answer. "Alot of the parts for your car are on national back order." This was going to be my second year of HPDEs but I'm having second thoughts about it as a result of the information that I've received. Don't need the car to break and not be able to repair it. What's up GM?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
Just thought I'd pass this along. Today I contacted one of our forum vendors to place an order for my C6Z06 and was informed that the GM part isn't available. All the dealers gave me the same answer. "Alot of the parts for your car are on national back order." This was going to be my second year of HPDEs but I'm having second thoughts about it as a result of the information that I've received. Don't need the car to break and not be able to repair it. What's up GM?
Yep that sounds about right. If you give them your VIN number then you will be put on a different list. The "list" will get results. They call it a spak list or something like that.

Randy
Old 01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the part?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by gkmccready
What's the part?
I guess that would help

I work at a dealership. I might be able to get the skinny.

Bob
Old 01-26-2009, 06:13 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default True!

all intertwined with meltdown(duh!).
GM delays paying suppliers because they are really strapped for cash,banks won't lend because of toxic loans on their books,suppliers go under etc. etc.

i don't think gm and chrysler are going to make it,and will have to go
into chapter 11.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kanmer
I guess that would help

I work at a dealership. I might be able to get the skinny.

Bob
B pillar covers
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

B pillar covers
Pm me with PN and color

Bob
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Yep that sounds about right. If you give them your VIN number then you will be put on a different list. The "list" will get results. They call it a spak list or something like that.

Randy
yea on list for 8 months for weatherstripping. I call it a BS list they can't buy parts anymore. So you can all keep buying foreign. I have lost interest in the car because of this! You can't buy a fork made here anymore to eat!

Last edited by John Shiels; 01-26-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by John Shiels
yea on list for 8 months for weatherstripping. I call it a BS list they can't buy parts anymore. So you can all keep buying foreign. I have lost interest in the car because of this! You can't buy a fork made here anymore to eat!
It's sad but John is not joking about this. In the past I've been on GMs so called waiting list and never got anywhere. I hope that things like this don't cause people to stop going to DEs but I couldn't blame them. I was looking to get B pillar covers so that I could mount a Harness bar and keep a fresh set. As you know, the pre-cut version doesn't allow you to have the seat reclined all the way to the rear so you have to cut 2 inches rearward from the standard pillar cover opening of where the bar would be.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:32 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

You have a car still in production and the part may be the same as they are using. So they should be able to pull a part from the line. Many suppliers have gone from 90 dyas to 30 days on the domestic OEMs or even prepaid before shipping. Much of the C5 weatherstripping is now not available. Aftermarket has covered the C4 so I'll wait ten more years.

Last edited by John Shiels; 01-26-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Really you are still waiting for that damn weatherstripping??? John you would be happy to know, My honda is on the chopping block. Yep buying a chevy truck again. I have been without a truck for a couple years and I'm going Plus my drive went from 70 miles a day to 13 miles a day.

Randy
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 PM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

I'm a Chevy man myself, but this was an interesting video regarding trucks...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/26/v...ll-size-picku/

scroll down for the video
Old 01-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Lister
Instructor

Originally Posted by USAsOnlyWay
I'm a Chevy man myself, but this was an interesting video regarding trucks...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/26/v...ll-size-picku/

scroll down for the video
Pretty impresive even though it was a Ford infomercial so no surprises at the outcome. Next time I dirve down a simulated creek bed at exactly 25mph or haul a 900 lb spool of wire while running a slalom course I will make sure its in a Ford.

Just kidding, I do think the F150 is decent, I worked in a truck event where we had all makes available for some laps around an off road course and after being dragged around the course all day the F150 was the only thing I wanted to ride in. Of course I have to mention the F250 lost a huge bolt out of the front suspension that day.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 AM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Lister
Of course I have to mention the F250 lost a huge bolt out of the front suspension that day.
I'm excited for Chevy's video retort then...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Really you are still waiting for that damn weatherstripping??? John you would be happy to know, My honda is on the chopping block. Yep buying a chevy truck again. I have been without a truck for a couple years and I'm going Plus my drive went from 70 miles a day to 13 miles a day.

Randy
gas is due to hit a reported 20 per barrel later this year and 1 a gallon gas That was reported by Gulf CEO. Guess GM will now choke on Volt unless tax credit is big from gov.

I can't even get a used gasket after calling all the Corvette salvage yards and local yards. Few others on the forum are in need of this also. Preety sad situation destin to get worse as supplier base is crumbling for all auto companies.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:04 AM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess GM will now choke on Volt unless tax credit is big from gov.

I was all excited about the volt until I saw it’s gonna have a 40K price tag. It could be IMO the new K car to pull them out of this hole
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

gas is due to hit a reported 20 per barrel later this year and 1 a gallon gas That was reported by Gulf CEO. Guess GM will now choke on Volt unless tax credit is big from gov.

I can't even get a used gasket after calling all the Corvette salvage yards and local yards. Few others on the forum are in need of this also. Preety sad situation destin to get worse as supplier base is crumbling for all auto companies.
I don't believe that-gas has gone up from 1:40 to 1:70's here in Atl.

No matter the price of gas, we have to get away from our gas addiction-as it will go up again, as there is only so much available.

Tim

Get notified of new replies

To Caution, national back order

Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

John have you tried these guys

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/di...ategoryid=X960
Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

seems like the problem is pretty wide spread... have been waiting on a driver side rear view mirror motor to be replaced under warranty for about two weeks.. maybe this is why the part isnt showing up.. (C5Z06)

I really hope we dont lose the general!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

found it on there site one night and was all excited called Saturday morning and the guy tells me BO for months. He knew the part right away as many have requested it. Thanks anyway Randy.

Quick Reply: Caution, national back order