Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need one (1) CCW Classic, 17X10 wheel...

Old 01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Need one (1) CCW Classic, 17X10 wheel...

I broke one and need to buy another. Need aluminum finish, not black.

Anyone have just one wheel?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

can you order the piece you broke?

or maybe John@CCW has a used one sitting around.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what part did you break?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
TDBurke
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you broke a center, call John. They are very reasonable to replace. IF you did break a center, likely you have an "old" style center set and all the centers should be replaced. I did this last year with two sets of old style classics I bought.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TDBurke
If you broke a center, call John. They are very reasonable to replace. IF you did break a center, likely you have an "old" style center set and all the centers should be replaced. I did this last year with two sets of old style classics I bought.
same here. John is a class act, and the centers are actually a lot more affordable than I thought they would be.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Yea, the center broke, and the rim is bent and not salvageable.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Falcon
Yea, the center broke, and the rim is bent and not salvageable.
How many times have I told you Jody - Dukes of Hazzard style jumps look cool on TV, but you should not do them with your racecar!

I've got a wheel exactly as you describe that I can't sell (since it has 3 friends that would get lonely), but that you'd be more than welcome to borrow until you get one lined up since I won't be racing a lot this season. Just let me know and we can figure out an easy way to get it to you.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mikahb
How many times have I told you Jody - Dukes of Hazzard style jumps look cool on TV, but you should not do them with your racecar!

I've got a wheel exactly as you describe that I can't sell (since it has 3 friends that would get lonely), but that you'd be more than welcome to borrow until you get one lined up since I won't be racing a lot this season. Just let me know and we can figure out an easy way to get it to you.
Thanks, Mikah, but I have 2 other sets so I'm not in dire straits. Having only 3 wheels violates my sense of symmetry (not to mention what it does to the handling of the car), so I'll keep looking and maybe find something.

But you're right, I should have been suspicious when 2 guys named Bo and Luke Duke, in a orange Charger named General Lee, pulled up in the driveway at the Big Pine Key Mobile Home and Adult Theme Park and asked to borrow a wheel. I was mesmerized by the shorts Daisy was wearing and I'd have agreed to anything.

Again, thanks for the generous offer.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
TDBurke
Intermediate

Not pointing fingers or calling names as I don't know the circumstances surrounding the wheel center breaking.
This should serve as a warning to those that rarely look at/wash their track wheels. You should clean, inside and out, and inspect your track wheels after every event. There does become a point where they are a wear item. This has nothing to do with the quality of the wheel. Any of us racing or at the front of TT groups should be paying attention.
I was at an event at NJMP last year and a pro formula car team was unloading for an event. Everything that they rolled out of the trailer and set up in the garage was spotless. One crew member spend half the day while others worked around him inspecting all the wheels for two cars. He found cracks in a bunch of them and I, with a quick glance, didn't see anything jumping out at me.

In short, I really don't care if your car is dirty but the wheels should be spotless when you back your car off the trailer or show up at the track.

Get notified of new replies

To Need one (1) CCW Classic, 17X10 wheel...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need one (1) CCW Classic, 17X10 wheel...