Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I now dislike JPM!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I now dislike JPM!!!!

Two friends and myself spent a long sleepless weekend in Daytona for the race. One friend is in a wheelchair and a big fan of Ganassi. Before the race he got all of the Ganassi drivers autographs including Chip's on a very nice picture he purchased. He got these autographs at the Ganassi trailer with the help of one of the Ganassi execs. JPM was the only one not around. I tell him don't worry all the drivers will be by their cars before the race on the grid. Later we go to the grid and yes JPM is there, COOL. My buddy makes his way through the crowd with the help of alot of helpfull fans. Many of whom also trying to get an autograph but let my buddy in front of them. My friend is not the type to ask if he is not already signing. Several other fans and myself ask JPM to sign this picture and point to my buddy in his wheelchair. JPM looks right at him and tells him no!!!

A message to JPM. If your going to be an *** on the grid and not sign autographs and not talk to FANS. DON'T GO!!!

We later were talking to an good source and informed that JPM and Danica were talked to by Grand Am official's about their attitude towards fans. This was before this deal on the grid. You think he would learn.

Last edited by Todd Z; 01-27-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 AM
vette6aut0x
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My home track is Barbers and when IRL came to test, Danica was one of the drivers. What a arrogant person. She was all nice when the interviewers were around, but once they left it was back to the 'Dark Side' for her.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

No place for that, he needs a little humility. He is not the best there ever was. I have actually got Aryton Senna's autograph from back in 1988, he was very humble.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
lbarnard
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snobby ******! No room for that type of behavior! It's not just in autoracing I experienced similar behavior at PGA tournaments with certain players. But for the most part there are a lot of really good drivers/owners that will take time to meet the public!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
jfaphoenix32
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

well, too bad to hear all that... Good news is he got his butt kicked on the track by Donohue in a man to man shoot out... No way to hide that...
Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

He must have a silver serving spoon up his azz. What a azz-hat move. Road Racers are some the nicest people, but there is always some people that think they are special.

Randy
Old 01-27-2009, 11:54 AM
coffey
Racer

I have been a JPM fan for a long time but every time I see him talk about this or that, I lose respect. Like after the race he was whining about the porsche having more power and that let them run more wing and beat him. JPM was faster on the infield so the more wing thing is bogus. Hell Donahue's gurney was falling out of the wing so he was losing some wing. Maybe the porsche has more power but if that was really the case, I don't think they would have been that close at the end of 24hrs.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:06 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by jfaphoenix32
well, too bad to hear all that... Good news is he got his butt kicked on the track by Donohue in a man to man shoot out... No way to hide that...

Never was a fan of his to begin with back in his IRL days... and even less during F1. He's always seemed whiny when he doesn't win... always some reason other than HIM why he doesn't win.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I liked him untill I saw a video of him being a a**hat to someone that he ran into in the pits. They were both looking a schumacher and the camera man bump JPM and he starting freaking out and curseing.

F JPM
Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JPM and Danica...both whiners.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Todd Z
A message to JPM. If your going to be an *** on the grid and not sign autographs and not talk to FANS. DON'T GO!!!

Boo-Hoo Poor you.

Give me a break, you're as bad as the fools who pay to see movies and then harass the actors in restaurants.. grow up, the purchase of a ticket entitles you to watch the race , not to make trite conversation with the pilots. Unbelievable

Last edited by Tintin; 01-27-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Too many professional athletes "drink their own bath water" and forget that the fans are the ones who are actually paying their freight.

What a jack-***.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Tintin
Boo-Hoo Poor you.

Give me a break, you're as bad as the fools who pay to see movies and then harass the actors in restaurants.. grow up, the purchase of a ticket entitles you to watch the race , not to make trite conversation with the pilots. Unbelievable

WOW, are you not aware that they are put on the grid before the race to do public relations for their team and Grand-am. I could give a crap about getting his autograph but when many people are asking you to sign somethying for a guy permantly disabled you need to get your head out of your ***. You are just as much as a piece of work as him!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 PM
vette6aut0x
Pro

Originally Posted by Todd Z
WOW, are you not aware that they are put on the grid before the race to do public relations for their team and Grand-am. I could give a crap about getting his autograph but when many people are asking you to sign somethying for a guy permantly disabled you need to get your head out of your ***. You are just as much as a piece of work as him!!!
You must not know who TinTin is. Just ask him he will tell you how great he. And as far as the drivers, who in the hell do you think makes it possible for them to race? If they dont want anyone near them then I say all of them go rent the track and dont let the public in just keep it to them self.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:41 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Boo-Hoo Poor you.

You know whats funny, is YOUR attitude. I have yet to see you make a positive comment. Your world must suck.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]WOW, You are just as much as a piece of work as him!!!

You must not know who TinTin is. Just ask him he will tell you how great he is.

You know whats funny, is YOUR attitude. I have yet to see you make a positive comment. Your world must suck.
[quote]

Mr Wanabee who never was.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Boo-Hoo Poor you.

Insert John McEnroe's voice...You cannot be serious!

Get notified of new replies

To Why I now dislike JPM!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I liked to watch Montoya in F1 because he really took it to Schumi at times, gave him crap, and didn't really care. He was really good on "cold" tires.

They're racers, they're all ego maniacs, some just a little less than others
Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Conflicted
Advanced

That’s funny because my buddies and I all noticed the “I don’t want to be here right now” look on Danica’s face while she was signing autographs before the race. I contrast that with all of the smiles and pleasant faces we noticed from many of the other top name drivers. Heck we even saw Kyle Petty trying to walk away when the session was over, only to be approached by a group of fans. He stopped and signed everything that was presented. It’s a shame that a few of them feel the need to be @sshats.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by coffey
I have been a JPM fan for a long time but every time I see him talk about this or that, I lose respect. Like after the race he was whining about the porsche having more power and that let them run more wing and beat him. JPM was faster on the infield so the more wing thing is bogus. Hell Donahue's gurney was falling out of the wing so he was losing some wing. Maybe the porsche has more power but if that was really the case, I don't think they would have been that close at the end of 24hrs.
Yeah I heard him whining in the interview also. At least David Hobbs gave him a shot and said he was disappointed in his comments. Don't forget the time he spun out his teammate, Scott Pruett, during one of his early Grand Am races.

Quick Reply: Why I now dislike JPM!!!!