Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Alignment Question...

Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 AM
C6-CYa
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 145 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'09-', '22

Default C6 Alignment Question...

I would like your thoughts on the best alignment to get for my C6...

My C6 has Pfadt coilovers and sway bars. I run Z06 size rims and tires (except 345's on the back).

I drive it once a week on the street with Michelin Pilot Sports and also want to run a High Speed Touring event once a month with Hoosier A6 tires.

Please let me know your advice for alignment settings. I searched but could only find C5 info. I've run HST events before but always on street tires. This will be my first year on the Hoosiers.

Thanks, Steve
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

c5 info is good for c6........I'd start with a stock Z06 alignment, basically -1.5 front camber, -1.0 rear. Depending on how aggressive you drive at the track, this might be enough to balance street and track wear.

If you are wearing the outside edges still at this point, then I'd go up to around -2.0 in the front, and maybe max -1.5 in the rear, but you start losing straight line grip as you approach this.

I've found that excessive toe really causes bad wear on the street. I'd keep the front toe to around 1/32" OUT and the rear to about 1/16" IN. If you do your own alignments, you can go more at the track, but you need to dial it back for the street.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:22 PM
C6-CYa
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 145 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'09-', '22

Thank you David

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Alignment Question...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Alignment Question...