Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cam Question

my 01' Z has the ring issue that alot of the LS6's did. figured while i had it tore apart i have a set of stage 2 livernoise heads that i would throw on it as well and upgrade the cam. mostly street driven with alot of autocross and a few fun days at the track.

i have been looking through forums like crazy and just confused myself even more on what i want. i have been looking at the Katech Torquer and the GM ASA cam as i want to stay in the .550 area since i like to run the LS6 valve springs and change them about once a year.

do you guys have a better recommendation for something in my range? i also spin it up to 7000 RPM quite often.

mods: LT, CAI, Catless x-pipe. it will also have a underdrive pulley on it when it goes back together.

thanks guys
Old 02-05-2009, 09:23 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Scoggin Dickey has a nice LS6 cam the Z+220 cam.
It's basically the 02-04 LS6 cam with more duration.

http://www.sdparts.com/product/CRA14...510551114.aspx

Although it's hard to beat Katech you are sure to get great street manners with the Katech cam, I would give them a call and see what they suggest. Especially since you are upgrading the heads. Katech may not make the best peak but the cam will be smooth delivering the power and idle worth a damn too.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM
roysvett
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam

texas speed torquer v 2 01 c5 427 hp 403 tq good tune pulles like a bat out of hell grate for auto x and track days nice smooth idle grate sound and i have a decent tune that i have spent a lot of money on please feel free to call roy at 270234 3676

Get notified of new replies

To Cam Question

Quick Reply: Cam Question