Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brian Kubinski to run his #12 Corvette at Sebring in the 09 World Challenge GT season

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Brian Kubinski to run his #12 Corvette at Sebring in the 09 World Challenge GT season

CRP Racing is also happy to announce that they will once again be supporting their favorite charities, the St. Jude Children’s Hospital and the local Wings of Eagles Ranch in Concord, NC, as well as our U.S. Troops, in 2009.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tel: 704-455-7887
Email: RaceResearch1@aol.com

By CRP Racing

CRP Racing to Run Brian Kubinski in the 2009 SPEED World Challenge GT Championship Season Opener at Sebring

Harrisburg, NC (January 27, 2009) – CRP Racing is pleased to announce they will be running Brian Kubinski in the 2009 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge GT season opener in Sebring, FL, on March 20. Kubinski, of Shorewood, IL, will drive the #12 C6 Chevrolet Corvette.

CRP Racing, owned by Nicholas Short and based in Harrisburg, NC, rebuilt the Corvette after last year’s devastating trailer fire on the way back from the Sebring race. On their return to the track after the rebuild, CRP Racing and Kubinski had season high qualifications of 4th and 6th at Road America and Detroit respectively, with a season high finish of 5th place at Road America.

CRP Racing will be back with help from sponsors Trim-Tex and Diamond Unlimited. Trim-Tex is the premier manufacturer and distributor of vinyl drywall beads and drywall finishing accessories for 40 years and is owned by Joe Koenig. Says owner Nicholas Short, “We thank Trim-Tex and Diamond Unlimited for their assistance in getting to the SPEED World Challenge season opener and we continue to look for sponsorship to finish out the 2009 season. We would also like to express great appreciation to all of our product sponsors for their continued support.” CRP Racing hopes to run a second car to compete as a teammate to Kubinski. Interested parties should contact Nicholas Short at CRP. (www.competitionraceparts.com)

Hopefully Brian will find help from other sponsors to make it a complete season. Those of you who have met him know he's a great driver and even a better person off track!

Good Luck!

Mike
Old 02-06-2009, 04:31 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations to Brian and good luck to him at the track.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go get em Brian and thanks for posting this Mike!

Aaron
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I live about 3 miles from harrisburg....will have to look them up!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:01 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Good luck Brian!

for those who don't know, that is my last #28 Corvette that he bought from me.
The SCCA rules now allow Bosch racing ABS brakes, and so many other things that a competitive World Challenge car can cost over $300k now.

Xtrac transaxle ABS, engine management and engine without a car will cost over $150k, then you have to build a car.

I don't know if Brian has upgraded the car to meet all the rules, but either way, we hope he has a great race. And I am sure that he will do a great job.

Good Luck Brian.

LG
Old 02-08-2009, 12:10 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Here are some pictures of Brian's car that were taken prior to the fire.

Richard Newton
Corvette Race Car Files
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
KB Aero Biscuit
Racer

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Good luck Brian!

for those who don't know, that is my last #28 Corvette that he bought from me.
The SCCA rules now allow Bosch racing ABS brakes, and so many other things that a competitive World Challenge car can cost over $300k now.

Xtrac transaxle ABS, engine management and engine without a car will cost over $150k, then you have to build a car.

I don't know if Brian has upgraded the car to meet all the rules, but either way, we hope he has a great race. And I am sure that he will do a great job.

Good Luck Brian.

LG
That #28 car was as Peyton Manning would say.........Suhhhhwwweeettttt! Do all the SWC GTs get to run ABS now? Do they allow traction control or just launch control? Any other rules updates that affect the Corvettes? Would be fun to see the C6s dominate this year!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM
jhester
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KB Aero Biscuit
Do they allow traction control or just launch control? Any other rules updates that affect the Corvettes? Would be fun to see the C6s dominate this year!
Back in 2005 or 06 I believe they allowed TC to be added to the SWC-GT series, both launch and traction control.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

they make up the rules as they go............I've got LOTS of first hand experience!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Tzzird
Burning Brakes

Those brakes look amazing!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tzzird
Those brakes look amazing!
Yes,

You can stand on those brakes like a gorilla for one hour straight and not have a single ounce of pedal fade.

Get notified of new replies

To Brian Kubinski to run his #12 Corvette at Sebring in the 09 World Challenge GT season

Quick Reply: Brian Kubinski to run his #12 Corvette at Sebring in the 09 World Challenge GT season