Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG 1 7/8 SUPER PRO HEADERS For C6 and C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:41 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG 1 7/8 SUPER PRO HEADERS For C6 and C6Z

Available for C6 and C6Z

Hi Guys,

Well, we finally have a 1 7/8" header that we can be happy with. We had to come up with a new full race merge collector that we could incorporate in a mass production header.

Our 1 3/4 headers always made the most torque but lost about 4-5 top end horsepower.

We didn't want to lose torque in exchange for top horsepower so we worked until we made the absolute best compromise to max the torque and keep the curve really smooth with no dips.

We are there now.

We have our new "LG SUPER PRO" headers with true competition merge collectors rather than a stamped collector.
We now have the highest quality Merge collector that helps the top end power curve and lifts the low end torque. Our LG SUPER PRO 1/7/8 headers add 10 hp to the top over our own LG Pro headers. (not one or two like some but 10 over)

We still suggest 1 3/4 " for mild applications but on a all out car, these will not be beat. And we have a 1 3/4" version of this collector coming in weeks also.

On a stock C6Z with just LG Super PRO headers , air filter, GT4 mufflers and a tune, we hit 510rwhp 485 rwtq. We even backed it up the next day with a solid 505rwhp pull.

That is with NO cam hitting well over 500rwhp. we are working on a new cam and head design that will be able to regularly crack over 600rwhp and keep drivability.

Our 630rwhp was a little aggressive but it drove as well as any big cam out there.

At any rate, I will get to the shop to post up the header Graphs for our 1 7/8 SUPER PRO HEADERS.

also:

1 3/4" LG SUPER PRO HEADERS also coming soon.

Thanks

Lou G

check out the collectors. Unlike any mass produced header on the market. These collectors are usually $500 each but we have them down in price now so we can keep the original LG header price the same as always with NO increase

The collectors are the key to the LG SUPER PRO 1 7/8 power!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I test fit those on a C5 for you ????

That maybe just what I need to start my new exhaust . Price ????

I like the fact that you brought the collectors straight back into the tunnel....

Did you experiment with longer primaries like the LG Pros ????
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Can I test fit those on a C5 for you ????

That maybe just what I need to start my new exhaust . Price ????

I like the fact that you brought the collectors straight back into the tunnel....

Did you experiment with longer primaries like the LG Pros ????
Hi,

Price is $1595 without cats. (vendors welcomed)

With 1 7/8" there is not really any room between the bellhousing and the frame, so we had to shorten them and allow the collectors to be in the bell housing area.

The engine size and use should determine which size you use.

We have our 1 3/4" long primary headers coming with this style collector on also. they should be an improvement over our normal LG Pros because of the difference in the Stamped collector vs our new one. I will try them on a C5 to see what fits etc but there are no air tubes, so they would be just for a race car on a C5.

If they work well, then we can get the air tubes installed.

Thanks guys.

Here is the graph for the C6Z with just a K&N, the LG SUPER PRO HEADERS 178 and a tune. LG

Get notified of new replies

To LG 1 7/8 SUPER PRO HEADERS For C6 and C6Z

Quick Reply: LG 1 7/8 SUPER PRO HEADERS For C6 and C6Z