Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR track update, event with THSCC

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default VIR track update, event with THSCC

You guys may have known that they CROSS-GROUND the corners at VIR a few weeks ago, appearantly to knock the bumps and "polish" off of the track, and because the pavers "never showed up"???

Anyway, THSCC this weekend was the first event their, and it was a real mess Saturday morning. The dust was ridiculous, the grip was poor, and some of the transitions (transition into turn 3 specifically) really disrupted the flow. In my car, the actualy directionality of the griding would STEER the rear of the car to the right as I increased my input going into 3, giving the sensation of oversteer but never actually causing a skid.

Regardless, by Saturday afternoon the dust was mostly gone, and the new surface was starting to build some rubber. Other than turn 3, most of the other spots had regained their grip, and other than the visible change in surface, you couldn't really "feel" the grinding.

I've got video here somewhere, I'll get it up sometime this week.

Best to all!

Quick Reply: VIR track update, event with THSCC