Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed new seats and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just installed new seats and have a question

after much searching and researching I decided on a set of Caravaggio race seats to use for HPDE's & AX in my Z06.

I thought I researched every angle before pulling the trigger but after I installed them I realized one important thing. The lap belt on my 5-point harness goes over the seat instead of threw it. Will this be a problem?

When I tighten the belts down everything is where is supposed to be, it's just that the lap belts don't go threw the seat.

Pics for reference

Old 02-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

It is hard to tell from the pictures without you sitting in the seat. If the seat is notched enough at your pelvis the belt will ride across the pelvis and not the seat edges. Sit in the seat and pull the belts tight and have somebody check to make sure the seat isn't blocking the belt's path across your pelvis. If the seat edge distorts the belt at all as it travels from the belt mount to the belt latch then the belt will not work properly.

Bill
Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Davinss
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have another sparco roadster copy (pretty much identical to the caravagio just covered differently) and I was worried about the same thing. I'm pretty sure it will be fine. The sides of the seat are really low and your torso is thick. But I use the stock belts.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:19 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

thanks both of you for the info. I'll double check how the sides of the seat fit with me in them.

ONe of the great things about these seats is that you can still use the factory 3-point harnesses.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Radguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AlwaysInBoost,
I have the same seats (Driver and passanger) with 5 point harnesses. Not a problem for both me (6Ft 1in-185 lbs with a 34 in waist) or my wife (5ft 2in-110lbs with a 25in waist).

You will LOVE these seats with the harnesses on the track!!

We get in, then tighten the belts, then use the electric seat position switch and move the seat a touch forward to tighten everything up.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

took a 2hr round trip last night and I'm loving them already.
can't wait to try them on track.

Get notified of new replies

To Just installed new seats and have a question

Quick Reply: Just installed new seats and have a question