Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel stud install

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Wheel stud install

Just one more video for our website.

Randy
www.dougrippie.com
Old 03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Randy -

That works fine (did on my first set of new studs). But it didn't work on when I put a new set of studs into a brand new hub that had no splines engraved into the hub flange.

I had to pay a dude with a press to push them in for me.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

You are getting really pro with the videos Randy.

But you need a little "product placement" in the background & some pretty girls would go a long way keeping the audience attention captured.

We are talking lugs after all.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Froggy,
Are you a mind reader??? I just asked the nice young lady at the Farm Store if she wanted to do some photos. I have never seen a girl turn that color before. We will see. I still need to get it past the boss too. The problem is most of my customers have daughter her age and it may backfire. It's ok to have marketing ideas fail by not getting more sales. It's a different thing to have a bunch of dad's pissed off at us and the feds checking ID's I was thinking something classy not sexy anyways, but it will take some time to warm up. 13 degrees isn't the best time of year for this type of marketing.

Products, hum I will have to work that into the videos some more. This is my first two monthes of being in charge of marketing.

Randy
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Froggy,
Are you a mind reader??? I just asked the nice young lady at the Farm Store if she wanted to do some photos. I have never seen a girl turn that color before. We will see. I still need to get it past the boss too. The problem is most of my customers have daughter her age and it may backfire. It's ok to have marketing ideas fail by not getting more sales. It's a different thing to have a bunch of dad's pissed off at us and the feds checking ID's I was thinking something classy not sexy anyways, but it will take some time to warm up. 13 degrees isn't the best time of year for this type of marketing.

Products, hum I will have to work that into the videos some more. This is my first two monthes of being in charge of marketing.

Randy
I don't think you will get any girls to take much clothing off given the temps up your way.

One of my favorite catalogs to get in the mail was/is the Dillion Precision catalog (Blue Press)

here's a link to some pics of their cover shots over a few issues.

http://www.barott.net/Dillon/1994-1998/index.htm

Tasteful & sexy. When my daughter was about 16 & I was teaching her to shoot she saw one of the catalogs & said "I want to be a Blue Press girl, Dad" Cracked me up.

Just check out some of the ads in the motorsports magazines & you'll see tasteful & then a few over the line.

Have fun with it.

Check out Miss Jan 1996 for one of my fav's. Must be photoshop as she would have needed some serious hearing protection/helmet & protective clothing b4 lighting off those mini guns. Ever catch hot brass down your shirt?

PS You WILL always get some blue nose who will complain, so don't even start unless you can accept that.

Last edited by froggy47; 03-02-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
flink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found it was fairly easy to trash the threads on the nut when
using it to draw the stud into the hub. So make sure that you
get off the impact as soon as you see the resistance shoot up.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by flink
I found it was fairly easy to trash the threads on the nut when
using it to draw the stud into the hub. So make sure that you
get off the impact as soon as you see the resistance shoot up.
That is a good point!!! Thanks

Randy
Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mgarfias
Randy -

That works fine (did on my first set of new studs). But it didn't work on when I put a new set of studs into a brand new hub that had no splines engraved into the hub flange.

I had to pay a dude with a press to push them in for me.
New hubs are a pain, and should be done by someone that is setup for it. We have a crazy jig that we use for the press. It's easy to stress the hub around the holes if done just any old way.

Randy
Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by froggy47

PS You WILL always get some blue nose who will complain, so don't even start unless you can accept that.

I hope that's not my wife, I can't accept that

Thanks
Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel stud install

Quick Reply: Wheel stud install