Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Koni 3013 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:28 PM
autox_vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni 3013 questions

I picked up a used set of 3013's (newer inverted sport version) to experiment with this season.

Looking at Koni's web site, it says that there should be 12 swipes (3 turns) of adjustment in them. I can only get around 8 swipes with these (I have taken the ends off and turned the adjuster directly and can only get 2 turns). Given their reputation for sticking, I don't want to attempt to force the issue.

I'm figuring that Koni's adjustment info is a general guide and that some versions don't have as much adjustment as others, but just thought I'd see what other folks experience is.

Anyone care to share a starting point (SS '02 C5Z, 32mm hollow front bar)? I've been told 0-1 swipes from soft on the rear, but not sure about the front.

Thanks,
Kenton
Old 03-15-2009, 03:45 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by autox_vette
I picked up a used set of 3013's (newer inverted sport version) to experiment with this season.

Looking at Koni's web site, it says that there should be 12 swipes (3 turns) of adjustment in them. I can only get around 8 swipes with these (I have taken the ends off and turned the adjuster directly and can only get 2 turns). Given their reputation for sticking, I don't want to attempt to force the issue.

I'm figuring that Koni's adjustment info is a general guide and that some versions don't have as much adjustment as others, but just thought I'd see what other folks experience is.

Anyone care to share a starting point (SS '02 C5Z, 32mm hollow front bar)? I've been told 0-1 swipes from soft on the rear, but not sure about the front.

Thanks,
Kenton
Hi Kenton,
You have the same set up that I do. I only get 8 sweeps. The web site probably isn't accurate. I count the sweeps from full soft. I run 5 on the front and 2.5 for the rear.

These settings seemed to work well at nationals.
Hopefully I'll see you up in Milwaukee soon!

Chris
Old 03-15-2009, 05:20 PM
autox_vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just who I wanted to hear from!

Thanks Chris. Yes, those setting worked quite well for you.

We'll be up for at least the divisional. We'll have to see how our schedules work for the rest of the year.

You can always fallow Steve down to some of our events (the border isn't a one-way)!

Thanks again,

Kenton
Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by autox_vette
Just who I wanted to hear from!

Thanks Chris. Yes, those setting worked quite well for you.

We'll be up for at least the divisional. We'll have to see how our schedules work for the rest of the year.

You can always fallow Steve down to some of our events (the border isn't a one-way)!

Thanks again,

Kenton
Yea, I really need to get to some other events. So far I have only run at miller park, a go-kart track years ago, and then 6 runs at topeka. It's probably time for some diversity...

Get notified of new replies

To Koni 3013 questions

Quick Reply: Koni 3013 questions