Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brand new Kumho Ecsta V700's for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default brand new Kumho Ecsta V700's for sale

I haven't even recieved these yet from tire rack. 305/30-18. They will be here this week. I ordered them shaved 1/32". I was going to use these for time attack at the end of this month, but got in an accident and will not make it. These cost me $1242. I'd like $950 and will cover up to $100 shipping.

thanks,
-V

Last edited by trackboss; 03-16-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:21 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
I haven't even recieved these yet from tire rack. 305/30-18. They will be here this week. I ordered them shaved 1/32". I was going to use these for time attack at the end of this month, but got in an accident and will not make it. These cost me $1242. I'd like $950 and will cover up to $100 shipping.

thanks,
-V
Damn doood.....what happened ??? Street incident ??? Sucks !! I know you were looking forward to the Time Attack
Old 03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Ya huge bummer. I was really looking forward to it. The only hope I have is if they would let me run my shifter, but I that won't happen. I spent all afternoon setting the car up; took out 70lbs, and even installed a fire bottle. Got everything so damn perfect too. Even replaced the urethane in the rear lowers with monoballs. Not to mention the headers and tune gave me some great power for a stock motor.
All happened on a very narrow two lane road with zero room for error. It was either go off the side or go towards the hill. I went for the hill after getting a good look at the downhill. Too much to type, but I must have hit something slick. Water, road debris, or even dropped my own fluid. All I can say is I was very lucky. The place this happened I could have been killed. Some devine intervention went on for sure.
Now I just have more work. Although the car doesn't look bad I will tear it down and check everything. Hopefully nothing serious is bent.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that, get it fixed and get back to the track soon!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

These will be put on hold. I discovered that one tire has cords showing and that at least two of the tires are well over two years old. I do not want to remove the label/packaging that they came wrapped in as I am dealing with tire rack on returning these. Its possible that there may be more cords showing.
In any case, if anyone has some sort of connection with tire rack it would be greatly appreciated if you could put me in touch with them. Right now I am getting the royal screw job from them. They said they do not guarantee the date. The customer service person even said something about these not to be used for competition or street. What the heck was I supposed to use them for?! I argued with them about how tires this old and with even a single cord showing are useless for competition and a complete waste of my time and money. All I want is to return them for a credit and to be made aware of the date on any new tires before I make the decision to purchase.
I've bought several thousand dollars worth of tires from these guy over the last ten years and they said they couldn't find anything on me. In the last year I've purchased 3 sets of street tires, not including this most recent purchase, and they for some reason could not verify. Anyhow, I am quite disapppointed and unless the person that calls me back makes this right I am out over $1200 along with a wasted time.
I always trusted tire rack for good service, and being as huge as they are I always assumed they had enough turn over that old tires would never be a problem. Now I just realize they simply are screwing all the nieghborhood tire shops that actually provide service as well as thier customers.
I'll be sure to let everyone know how this works out. All I can do now is hope they make it right.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

I just wanted to update the end result of this. Initially my original sales person simply passed on my problem to the customer service which basically told me to screw off. Just when I thought I was completely out of luck I was told that tire rack is a sponser of the forum and I located the person that posts here from them. He is Luke at extension 362 and I have to say even though he had nothing to do with this he went above and beyond to take care of me. My original sales person could have cared less. Luke took all four tires back no question and refunded my money. Made the whole process very easy and gave me the impression that he cares about the work that he does. I have to say that any future tire rack purchases I make will all be made with Luke and I highly recommend him.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
I just wanted to update the end result of this. Initially my original sales person simply passed on my problem to the customer service which basically told me to screw off. Just when I thought I was completely out of luck I was told that tire rack is a sponser of the forum and I located the person that posts here from them. He is Luke at extension 362 and I have to say even though he had nothing to do with this he went above and beyond to take care of me. My original sales person could have cared less. Luke took all four tires back no question and refunded my money. Made the whole process very easy and gave me the impression that he cares about the work that he does. I have to say that any future tire rack purchases I make will all be made with Luke and I highly recommend him.

I have purchased a few things through Luke. He is great.

Bill
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn

I have purchased a few things through Luke. He is great.

Bill
I'll keep him in mind.

Get notified of new replies

To brand new Kumho Ecsta V700's for sale

Quick Reply: brand new Kumho Ecsta V700's for sale