Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASCAR Bristol Suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:45 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default NASCAR Bristol Suspension setup

Has anyone besides me noticed the extreme positive camber on the inside (driver's) side of the NASCAR front wheels at Bristol? The top of the tire leans OUT relative to the bottom and relative to the rear tire (which, being solid axle, is presumed to be relatively straight up and down). The ONLY time the tire appears to go to some negative camber is in the high banked turns, due to the extreme cornering forces. The left front appears to have a static camber of about positive 10 or 15 degrees! I know Bristol is unique, and surely this combination "works", but I'm having a hard time thinking that far "outside the box" in figuring out how the teams came up with this kind of suspension setup??? I would think the cars would be undrivable on pit road and the straights.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:14 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty common for them to run positive camber on the left side front. In cornering, the geometry straightens it up, since they run such soft springs, and the suspension compresses.

Quick Reply: NASCAR Bristol Suspension setup