Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono North - CVCC

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Pocono North - CVCC

Cumberland Valley Corvette Club (CVCC) still has some openings in their annual HPDE at the Pocono North road course. Two track days for $250 - $300 (depending on your expience level) - beginner/novice w/instructor and classromm session is $300. Event is April 18 & 19. Late fee is being waived.

Contact Dave Walter: david.j.walter@verizon.net (Note the (2) dots)

NCCC event rules will apply, including the requirement for a mounted 2.5# fire extinguisher. However the new udated NCCC requiremnet for an extinguisher w/gauge mounted metal strap does not take effect until after this event.

Hope to see you there!!

Mike
Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

great event with many Vette too bad my car is in pieces and business has taken priority.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John Shiels
great event with many Vette too bad my car is in pieces and business has taken priority.
Thanks John, Dave and the crew run a great event and keep things moving well. We hoping for the same weather we had last year!! But it will be good to get out and get some track time - first of the season for me!

Who's in for this year?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I'll be there. The question is will I be in the Vette (trying desperately to get it sorted out) or the Mustang (old reliable).
Old 04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll be there. I just came in from the garage. I have to get all the track stuff on the car and get my stuff together that I take along. See you there. Craig
Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

My car turned into a shelf in the garage just to busy with work but an event not to be missed. Hope I can visit to watch. I know it is a ton of work and a bargin price to be on track. they deserve many Kudos for their hard work to pull it off.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

I'll be working tech Friday evening, part of Sat a.m., so make sure you guys say hello. I'll have my old slow C-4 on the track, so I'll try to stay out of your way.

John, hope you can at least stop in - I'd like to meet you. Ifyou're able stop by keep an eye out for my white C-4, # 114. Good luck with the car and work - the way the economy is right now, I guess you just have to be glad you some work.

Take care
Old 04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
JaGsC5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaConehead
Cumberland Valley Corvette Club (CVCC) still has some openings in their annual HPDE at the Pocono North road course. Two track days for $250 - $300 (depending on your expience level) - beginner/novice w/instructor and classromm session is $300. Event is April 18 & 19. Late fee is being waived.

Contact Dave Walter: david.j.walter@verizon.net (Note the (2) dots)

NCCC event rules will apply, including the requirement for a mounted 2.5# fire extinguisher. However the new udated NCCC requiremnet for an extinguisher w/gauge mounted metal strap does not take effect until after this event.

Hope to see you there!!

Mike
TTT for great event.

I just signed someone up last night so add one more to the list. Thanks for posting this Mike. I was going to do the same thing for Dave so glad to see it posted here. Come on out Guys! About 95% Vettes at this event.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

I'll be there,
Old 04-10-2009, 11:38 PM
JaGsC5
Instructor

TTT

So, , , it's gonna rain. Come on out anyway, we need more Vettes!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

I'll be working tech Friday evening, part of Sat a.m., so make sure you guys say hello. I'll have my old slow C-4 on the track, so I'll try to stay out of your way.

John, hope you can at least stop in - I'd like to meet you. Ifyou're able stop by keep an eye out for my white C-4, # 114. Good luck with the car and work - the way the economy is right now, I guess you just have to be glad you some work.

Take care
Will find you if I go. I finally got my head back into business. Do hope to get car together this season for some runs. making money is Job One right now

As for rain, forget the forecast and just go you never know what happens till your there. Running in the rain is good just pays to use your head especially in a corner where you could do damage like a barrier wall. The other corners are just washing off the mud.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

As for rain, forget the forecast and just go you never know what happens till your there. Running in the rain is good just pays to use your head especially in a corner where you could do damage like a barrier wall. The other corners are just washing off the mud.[/quote]

Gary, I know you'll run in the rain - right? Craig too!!

John's right, lots of run off room at Pococno and rain makes ya smooth - right? You go a little slower and work on being smooth and balanced - hit the apex and roll the throttle. Rain would be better than a few back when we had rain, snow, and fog. Either way - I'll be there, car is just about ready. Rotors, pads, brake fluid done today. Front end alignment and I'll be ready to put it on the trailer.

Come on out - good event, great price!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:54 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still undecided... probably know what I'm going to do early this week sometime.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:34 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm coming...... assuming the car comes back this week.

Alan's coming too... if he gets gets the nose on the new Z06 wrapped in time.

Joel

Last edited by db2xpert; 04-12-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

As for rain, forget the forecast and just go you never know what happens till your there. Running in the rain is good just pays to use your head especially in a corner where you could do damage like a barrier wall. The other corners are just washing off the mud.

John's right, lots of run off room at Pococno and rain makes ya smooth - right? You go a little slower and work on being smooth and balanced - hit the apex and roll the throttle. Rain would be better than a few back when we had rain, snow, and fog. Either way - I'll be there, car is just about ready. Rotors, pads, brake fluid done today. Front end alignment and I'll be ready to put it on the trailer.

[/QUOTE]

Long term weather prediction is sunny Sat, showers Sun.
Temp upper 50's.

Maybe they'll be right for a change.

Joel
Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Long term weather prediction is sunny Sat, showers Sun.
Temp upper 50's.

Maybe they'll be right for a change.

Joel[/QUOTE]

May be But I'm not worried! either way I'm coming!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
JaGsC5
Instructor

I'll be there if it's snowing!!

Looks like the forecast is changing a little bit. Sunny and 60 on Saturday with some rain showers on Sunday. The rain event they orginally forecasted is still going to occur but the system has slowed up which is a good thing. If it slows more the rain will hold off until Sunday evening.

New brake fluid is going in today plus a little work on the trailer then patiently wait for Friday.

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono North - CVCC

Old 04-13-2009, 11:14 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

What's with this rain and snow crap. We will have two wonderful days! I garantee it.

Regardless of the weather, Dave Walter ALWAYS puts on a great event.

I'm sure we will have a few Z06's. Hoping to catch a ride in a ZR-1.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

First organization I ever ran with. Great time, been back 4 times since, the rain and fog was actually a good experience. I got hooked, its like a drug. I cannot attend this year, but here's a bump for a great organization, with great instructors. If you've ever wanted to get on a track to see what its like, run Pocono with these guys. Very safe track with lots of vision and lots run off areas. Good luck everyone, have fun and be safe.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
JaGsC5
Instructor

TTT One more bump for a great event. Weather is looking better all the time !!! The last I heard they still have openings.

Quick Reply: Pocono North - CVCC