Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCDA @ "The Glen" 4/27 & 4/28 : New for 09 : MORE track time, TWO track configuration

Old 04-06-2009, 09:57 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default SCDA @ "The Glen" 4/27 & 4/28 : New for 09 : MORE track time, TWO track configuration

FYI for those wanting track time @ the Glen

-----Original Message-----
To: ian@scda1.com <ian@scda1.com>
Sent: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 1:16 pm
Subject: SCDA @ "The Glen" 4/27 & 4/28 : New for 09 : MORE track time, TWO track configurations, and $50 to "Refer a Friend"

Hello Watkins Glen Driving Enthusiasts,

The SCDA would like to remind you about our fast approaching annual Watkins Glen event on April 27 & April 28. We have listened to our customers, and we have responded by implementing some great incentives to make your SCDA driving experience even more rewarding:

1. MORE TRACK TIME -- How does 2.5 Full Hours of driving each day for the same price sound? Our 2009 Watkins Glen entry fees have Not gone up; they are still $275 for one day or ONLY $480 for both days! Simply put: Maximum Value. Take a look at the schedule! https://www.scda1.com/watkins-glen/

2. Brand New for 2009 -- Drive TWO different Watkins Glen track layouts in TWO days.

On 4/27 you will have the opportunity to test your skills on the legendary 3.4mile Watkins Glen "LONG COURSE." Then, on 4/28 we will offer you the ultra fast 2.45 Watkins Glen "SHORT COURSE". It should be noted that the Glen short course is the same exact layout that Nextel Cup utilizes, and the same track that Davy Jones was able to post a lap that averaged 150.334 MPH in 1992!

3. $50 "Refer a Friend" Program -- As a thank you to drivers that have run with SCDA before; and as an incentive to introduce new driving enthusiasts to our group; we want to reward you both! Simply put, introduce this event to a friend or coworker, have them register online, and you BOTH will receive a $50 SCDA gift card.

We hope that you can join us for this fast approaching event. Drivers can secure a spot for this event by signing up for either a single day or for the special two day discounted rate. All secure online Watkins Glen information can be found on https://www.scda1.com/schedule
Thank you for your time and support. We are excited to see you at this special event!

--
Ian Prout
Sports Car Driving Association, LLC
www.scda1.com

UPCOMING SCDA EVENTS :

LIME ROCK APRIL 7 - Experienced Only, Unmuffled Event.

LIME ROCK APRIL 20 - Open to all levels.

WATKINS GLEN APRIL 27 & 28 - Open to all levels.

NEW JERSEY MTRSPRTS. PARK MAY 4 - Open to all levels.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I posted this the other day hoping to spur more interest. This is a lot of track time for the money plus we get to run short track which is something new.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Don Keefhardt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC, the Davey Jones - GTP Jaguar short course record mentioned was "pre-Bus Stop".

He had BIG cojones.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

FYI

There's plenty of room at the Glen event

So if you wanted to run the Glen on a non-packed track event, this is your shot

To: swiftwood@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 2:09 pm
Subject: Watkins Glen

Brian

thanks for passing that along, I have room at WGI mon and tue. If you can spread the word, that would be great, B/c I need cars, we have room and drivers will get a MINIMUM of 2.5 HOURS each Day. Please help me get the word out!!!
https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/926215102
Here's a review from the SCDA event this weekend @ LimeRock
To: ne-svt@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 9:15 am
Subject: NE-SVT: LRP on Monday

LRP on 4/20 was lots of fun.

SCDA has great timing, no session was late by a single minute.
I saw the guy in front of me losing gas in the only left hand turn, he was immediately out the next exit, so flags guys were watching well and doing a very good job.
+ SCDA has no membership, has no time trial like COMSCC so you can get an insurance, which I had purchased.

The braking zone at the end of the long straight was a little intimidating at first.
So quickly from 110 mph down to maybe 40 (I never checked my speed after braking).
I must admit once in my first session, still looking for the proper line, I ended up off course, at the end of the straight.
(choice I made consciously to brake straight and stop there safely instead of ending up in the gravel/grass of the turn, out of grip).

With my 203 whp I had no problem catching up Lotus Elises, Porsche Carreras and BMW Z3 M Coupe.
I even passed them. I know driving school is not a race, but it's always pleasant to pass a Z3 M twice in a 20 minute session.
Basically, the only car I found awesomely fast was the Nissan GTR.
If I was already in the middle of the straight as he was entering it, in a few seconds he could be passing by me.

Drizzle started at the end of my 3rd session. By the time I was close to start my 4th session and the advanced group was ending its, it had started hailing and my 4th session was cancelled; I never even started it.
The whole day was frickin' cold and windy overall, a little like the SVT autocross on 4/4.

For the videos, I blew it for my first time (I had bought the camcorder last week).
I only have the first session ok on video, but my driving sucked (first time at LRP).
At my 2nd session, I just forgot to turn it on.
And for the 3rd session, I had forgotten that the zoom was on. It looks a little funny with the zoom, but really not a pleasant video to watch.
It's a pity, that's when I started to drive really well and you can see the point by from the yellow Elise in the 2nd passing zone...

My instructor was an awesome guy, and I would never have accomplished what I did without him.

You finally didn't come, Craig, did you?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

FYI

There's plenty of room at the Glen event

So if you wanted to run the Glen on a non-packed track event, this is your shot

To: swiftwood@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 2:09 pm
Subject: Watkins Glen

Brian

thanks for passing that along, I have room at WGI mon and tue. If you can spread the word, that would be great, B/c I need cars, we have room and drivers will get a MINIMUM of 2.5 HOURS each Day. Please help me get the word out!!!
https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/926215102
Here's a review from the SCDA event this weekend @ LimeRock
To: ne-svt@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 9:15 am
Subject: NE-SVT: LRP on Monday

LRP on 4/20 was lots of fun.

SCDA has great timing, no session was late by a single minute.
I saw the guy in front of me losing gas in the only left hand turn, he was immediately out the next exit, so flags guys were watching well and doing a very good job.
+ SCDA has no membership, has no time trial like COMSCC so you can get an insurance, which I had purchased.

The braking zone at the end of the long straight was a little intimidating at first.
So quickly from 110 mph down to maybe 40 (I never checked my speed after braking).
I must admit once in my first session, still looking for the proper line, I ended up off course, at the end of the straight.
(choice I made consciously to brake straight and stop there safely instead of ending up in the gravel/grass of the turn, out of grip).

With my 203 whp I had no problem catching up Lotus Elises, Porsche Carreras and BMW Z3 M Coupe.
I even passed them. I know driving school is not a race, but it's always pleasant to pass a Z3 M twice in a 20 minute session.
Basically, the only car I found awesomely fast was the Nissan GTR.
If I was already in the middle of the straight as he was entering it, in a few seconds he could be passing by me.

Drizzle started at the end of my 3rd session. By the time I was close to start my 4th session and the advanced group was ending its, it had started hailing and my 4th session was cancelled; I never even started it.
The whole day was frickin' cold and windy overall, a little like the SVT autocross on 4/4.

For the videos, I blew it for my first time (I had bought the camcorder last week).
I only have the first session ok on video, but my driving sucked (first time at LRP).
At my 2nd session, I just forgot to turn it on.
And for the 3rd session, I had forgotten that the zoom was on. It looks a little funny with the zoom, but really not a pleasant video to watch.
It's a pity, that's when I started to drive really well and you can see the point by from the yellow Elise in the 2nd passing zone...

My instructor was an awesome guy, and I would never have accomplished what I did without him.

You finally didn't come, Craig, did you?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I know of 2 guys on the fence right now. They both need a few things to fall in place in order to go, but they do want to go, if not for the long track times for the chance to run the short course.

Hopefully they will make it.

It stinks because we use to have 10 friends come up all the time. That dwindled down to 5 and only 3 were in for each event no matter what. I assume this is the way with other groups too.

Get notified of new replies

To SCDA @ "The Glen" 4/27 & 4/28 : New for 09 : MORE track time, TWO track configuration

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCDA @ "The Glen" 4/27 & 4/28 : New for 09 : MORE track time, TWO track configuration