Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA Mid-O 4wins for corvette on Sat

Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Default NASA Mid-O 4wins for corvette on Sat

2 in PTA & 2 in ST2
Hoping the same for today
Congrat to Matt Carlise For his 2 wins
Hint on video 16 to 4 by the 1st corner
Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

WTG!

Can't wait for the vids!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sunday results?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NASA Great Lakes needs to learn to get results up to mylaps immediately........NASA Mid Atlantic has this all figured out.......They post results daily , last event @ VIR it was within 2 hours of the last race each day.....

Congratulations Ken and Matt.......I am sure today was a repeat of yesterday. Decided against going this weekend myself with Easter today and the weather Friday.....

I new raft gang member aquired his comp license up there Friday......Another blue Corvette coming to Super Touring

Look forward to the videos and results...................
Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
NASA Great Lakes needs to learn to get results up to mylaps immediately........NASA Mid Atlantic has this all figured out.......They post results daily , last event @ VIR it was within 2 hours of the last race each day.....

Congratulations Ken and Matt.......I am sure today was a repeat of yesterday. Decided against going this weekend myself with Easter today and the weather Friday.....

I new raft gang member aquired his comp license up there Friday......Another blue Corvette coming to Super Touring

Congrats to Todd.
I am really looking forward to seeing his new beast.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:48 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Details to come, posting on my i phone sucks and I need to get to work but we had another ST2 Win on Sunday and a 3rd over all, I ran a 1:36.012 on the club course on lap #20 on 14 heat cycle A6s (for those that wondered how long they last)

Matt moved to TTA because of a diminishing car count and pulled off a victory there.

Very cool I can't wait to see Todd's new car, I also heard through the grape vine we have even another Blue ST car coming this summer, that make 5 Maybe those yellow cars will come to play
Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Yes , I have heard about the "cheesehead" with the new to him blue car and some hack that got the trailer

They ran the "clubcourse" all weekend ?????

With all of the blue cars in this area ,we'll have to start running different colored flourescent windshield banners to identify the cars...

Great Lakes event posting to mylaps still blows a##.....They need to go to school.............
Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Yes , I have heard about the "cheesehead" with the new to him blue car and some hack that got the trailer

They ran the "clubcourse" all weekend ?????

With all of the blue cars in this area ,we'll have to start running different colored flourescent windshield banners to identify the cars...

Great Lakes event posting to mylaps still blows a##.....They need to go to school.............
My car can be identified by the big gouge in the top from the tire rack coming unfastened from the side of the trailer and landing on my car, full of tires of course.

Last edited by L98Terror; 04-13-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by L98Terror
My car can be identified by the big gouge in the top from the tire rack coming unfastened from the side of the trailer and landing on my car, full of tires of course.

Thats what I have always been worried about with those tire racks......

I would have a bout with turretts after opening my trailer and seeing that carnage......sorry dude...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Congrats bud. Sounds like Rita is coming into her own.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:09 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by L98Terror
Wow that really sucks Ken!! Sorry to hear about the tire rack. But congrats on the wins!!! I'll have a busy couple of weeks getting the car ready for Road America April 24-26. Any of you guys making the trip?? I know Danny wanted to get back to RA from the One lap days. Hope to see some of you guys up here if not I'm sure you'll see Geff out at one of the cross-over events.

(Edit: Almost forgot congrats to Matt for his two wins also.)

Joel

Last edited by 96CollectorSport; 04-13-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats!!

and what is with you midwest guys and blue cars? We have, black, Red, yellow/white, orange.. we are like a freaking ranibow out here, lol!!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM
GAS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all think....."Well, it works for Danny" it has to be good for a few tenths!!

PS....Joel get your butt back to work you don't have time for the forum!!!

Way to go Ken and Matt!

Last edited by GAS; 04-13-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
Wow that really sucks Ken!! Sorry to hear about the tire rack. But congrats on the wins!!! I'll have a busy couple of weeks getting the car ready for Road America April 24-26. Any of you guys making the trip?? I know Danny wanted to get back to RA from the One lap days. Hope to see some of you guys up here if not I'm sure you'll see Geff out at one of the cross-over events.

(Edit: Almost forgot congrats to Matt for his two wins also.)

Joel

It happens, at least it was the front that came off first so it only dropped about 6 inches and my roof caught it. That was enough support to keep the rear from ripping free. If the rear came free it would have ripped my wing off costing me a couple thousand dollars instead of a 4 x 3 spot on my roof that no longer has paint.

Originally Posted by GAS
We all think....."Well, it works for Danny" it has to be good for a few tenths!!

PS....Joel get your butt back to work you don't have time for the forum!!!

Way to go Ken and Matt!
Blue is faster, you guys definitely need to make those cars I really have a problem telling James and Danny's cars apart in my rear view. I painted my wing red in the off season so it stands out a little more.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Put on more and bigger stickers?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:40 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Put on more and bigger stickers?
I do have some STUPIDFASTTIRES.com stickers to find a home for I hear you get a umbrella if you run them
Old 04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Results are posted.........didn't quite take as long as usual.......

Get notified of new replies

To NASA Mid-O 4wins for corvette on Sat

Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

mylaps.com seems to be down, I can't load any of the links from the NASA GL site Check back later.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great to see Ken, Matt,Chris and the rest of the Corvette gang this past weekend. They did a great job and turned nice lap times considering the COLD weather and track temps. I wish the car would have been ready, Ken and I may have had a good little shoot out in ST2 .

Was hoping to see Danny there to run down that CUP CAR for the overall. Next time!

Here are a few shots I got sunday of the RAFT Gang.

Aaron

Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, you guys missed a great weekend. The track wasn't too bad considering the cooler temperatures and rain all day Friday. I tried my best to represent the Junior Varsity RAFT Gang (since the big boys were on holiday)

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I'm now officially a NASA Instructor. (woohooo, free racing) I won 2 races on Saturday and I think I won TTA on Sunday with a new club course class record (138.4 in the morning session on my G2X but I haven't seen anything official).

The only low point was getting black flagged in the two afternoon TT sessions for my brake lights not working. I was on a flyer in the last session that I thought was going to be deep in the 37's when I got flagged at T11 Oh well.....maybe next time on some Stupidfast Tires. (nice plug , ahe Aaron? )

A set of tires from Hoosier, some Pfadt cash, and bringing a car home that only needs an oil change and some wiring checked out isn't a bad way to start the season.

C y'all at Putnam

Last edited by mrc24x; 04-13-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Sorry, it's a gang not a Team...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NASA Mid-O 4wins for corvette on Sat