Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvettes on the other side of the pond

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvettes on the other side of the pond

Pretty good weekend for Corvette

http://www.corvettemotorsport.com/ne...6r_news_26.htm

Ludwig and Hennerici win ADAC GT Race 1!

Corvette Motorsport scored its first GT3 win of the season over the weekend in the ADAC GT Masters. Callaway Competition celebrated an impressive victory at the first ADAC GT Masters race at the Motorsport Arena in Oschersleben, Germany. Luca Ludwig and Marc Hennerici in their Z06.R Corvette GT3 marked an impressive result, as it was their first race together in the car. Luca, son of touring car legend Klaus Ludwig, also achieved his first win in a car with over 500HP.

Ludwig started from the 60-minute race opposite his pursuers Cuba Giermaziak in the ARGO Racing Lamborghini Gallardo and Nicolas Armindo in the Team Rosberg Audi R8 from LMS. After completing his stint, he handed the car over to Marc with an eight second gap from the others. Marc then continued an impressive stint crossing the line with a gap of 5.6 seconds.

"My tactics at the start was cautious, but fast" cheered Luca Ludwig, "After my first pole position, together with Marc Hennerici, to win the race for me is an incredible dream!"
First-wishers was the proud father Klaus Ludwig. "Sensational! This is really a nice Easter surprise! "

http://www.corvettemotorsport.com/ne...gt4_news_6.htm

Jeroen Bleekemolen scores first GT4 win!

The opening round of the Dutch GT4 Championship was won by Jeroen Bleekemolen on Saturday afternoon at the Zandvoort circuit. Having started from second place the Certainty Racing Team by Day V Tec Corvette driver beat all his rivals in the 25 minutes long race.

At the start pole sitter Bas Schothorst and Jeroen Bleekemolen were passed by Phil Bastiaans in the PS Autosport Porsche 997 GT4 as the cars went into the Tarzan corner. Bleekemolen and Schothorst made contact, but kept racing. The two Porsches took the lead but were never able to get away far from the chasing Corvette C6.

While the Porsches kept close together Bleekemolen moved closer and closer, taking Menno Kuus in his Ginetta G50 with him in his slipstream. Halfway through the race Bleekemolen made his move and passed the leading Porsche of Bastiaans.

After that Bleekemolen kept his Corvette C6 on the pace and despite tyre wear he was able to keep the rest of the field behind him. After completing 14 laps Bleekemolen passed the checkered flag, winning the opening round of the season.

Bleekemolen’s victory in the Corvette C6 was not only the first in the Dutch GT4 Championship, it also marked the first win ever for a Callaway Competition built and Corvette Motorsport Corvette C6 in the world.

"It seemed as if the tires wear those Porsches, a beautiful thing," laughs Bleekemolen on the podium after the race. "I had a really bad start, so I've hard to work for my victory. I missed some power, but the grip holding my Corvette was better. This I could enter into battle with the Porsches. Later on, it was all right. Once in front I threw myself a little, so I drove away and was able to win in the end, which was exciting. "

Quick Reply: Corvettes on the other side of the pond