Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-4 alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default C-4 alignment specs

If you can stand one alignment question - what specs should I give to my alignment shop for C-4, basically stock and running Kumho 710s (275/40/17) all around. Mostly running road courses and just wanted to keep from cording the Kumho. I just flipped them in the wheels due to wear on the outside shoulders.

Appreciate any advice - headed for alignment on Thursday, prepping for Pocono Sat/Sun.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
StealthLT4
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.vbandp.com/instructions/h...ruct/align.htm

Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

That has to be a recod - an answer in 7 minutes That's what I love about this forum!! Thank you Stealth LT4.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With stock suspension you will find that you're limited getting enough negative camber on the front.

Take all shims out on front and see what you're getting. Put enough shims back to the side where you have more negative camber to match the other side. Toe is easy, just use the numbers from the chart.

We're suppose to have great weather this Sat/Sun. See you up there...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by petefias
With stock suspension you will find that you're limited getting enough negative camber on the front.

Take all shims out on front and see what you're getting. Put enough shims back to the side where you have more negative camber to match the other side. Toe is easy, just use the numbers from the chart.
but I didn't bother to add the shims back to equalize the sides because there was a 3/4 deg difference between the max on each side, it handled fine; I later switched to lower offset bushing to get more camber and equalize the sides.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:09 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

My last time out at Sebring I ran -3.0 on the rear of my C4. This weekend I'm going back to -2.5 degrees.

I installed the offset lower control arm bushings and I'm not sure it was worth the effort.

Richard Newton
Race Cars 360
Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
My last time out at Sebring I ran -3.0 on the rear of my C4. This weekend I'm going back to -2.5 degrees.

I installed the offset lower control arm bushings and I'm not sure it was worth the effort.

Richard Newton
Race Cars 360
-3 is way too much in the back of a C4. You only need about -1.5 to -1.75 per side and that will be fine. With more than that you will not be able to put down power coming off of corners and you will cord the insides of the tires....
Old 04-14-2009, 11:02 AM
GS023
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont forget the swap the fat washer. Move the thick conical washer to the outside and the thin one in.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:53 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

I run zero toe on the street, and toe it out at an event

I have it marked so I can reset it.

I've autoxed with the shims and washers completely out, great for cornering, but it really compromised my braking.

I'm going to adjustable arms so I can get whatever I want.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Pete, thanks for the info - see you Fri at tech.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all the feedback - lots of great info. It goes in tomorrow - I'll go a little to the conservative side with the set up - still use this car occasionally on the street.

Get notified of new replies

To C-4 alignment specs

Quick Reply: C-4 alignment specs