Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 autocross wear and resale value

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default A6 autocross wear and resale value

You guys that only autox on A6s, how many runs do you get out of them?

What do you think they would fetch if sold at half life?

I guess you have to call each run a heat cycle right?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I flip them at 50-60 runs and got 120 runs out of my last two sets. Neither had corded yet, I just needed to move to new tires because of competitive events.

My car has lots of camber dialed in and is set up pretty well with all four tires rolling just to the sidewall line.

YRMV

A heat cycle is usually considered an event where the tires heat up to temp (120-180 degrees) and then is allowed to cool down to non-heated temperature. A one day event is generally considered a heat cycle in my book.

I'd pay $4-500 bucks for a 50 run set. They won't be able to be used for a national event, but would be good for an Evo school. FWIW
Old 04-26-2009, 07:03 AM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

yes, make sure you service that tranny every season
Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by TedDBere
I flip them at 50-60 runs and got 120 runs out of my last two sets. Neither had corded yet, I just needed to move to new tires because of competitive events.

My car has lots of camber dialed in and is set up pretty well with all four tires rolling just to the sidewall line.

YRMV

A heat cycle is usually considered an event where the tires heat up to temp (120-180 degrees) and then is allowed to cool down to non-heated temperature. A one day event is generally considered a heat cycle in my book.

I'd pay $4-500 bucks for a 50 run set. They won't be able to be used for a national event, but would be good for an Evo school. FWIW

I would say 3 or 4 runs (consecutive) = 1 cycle, but then if you let them cool & do some fun runs at the end of day then that's = 2 cycles.

But I just count # of runs & not so concerned with cycles.

Not to differ with Ted (who must have a lot more money than I do) but If someone else (who bought them new) has gotten all the "good" runs out of a set of a6/710/whatever I would only pay about 250 to 300 for a set of what would be (to me) practice tires.

Last 710's I got 90 runs front & 120 runs rear (to corded) They were flipped once. The a6's I have now I am guessing 75 runs front & maybe 95 rear (to corded). That includes concrete (airstrip) and asphalt.

Last edited by froggy47; 04-27-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To A6 autocross wear and resale value

Quick Reply: A6 autocross wear and resale value