Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beaverun this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM
withrow79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaverun this weekend...

I'm heading to Beaverun this weekend for a flat-out day on Sunday... Anyone else gonna be there? I'm gonna let my dad do his first "track-day" in my Z06 for his 58th birthday... My mother-in-law will also be doing her first track day for her 60th birthday (in a '09 Bullitt Mustang).
Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
C6 Twin Turbo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be there as well.
what run group will all of you be in?

My vette will be at piper motorsports in VA. They are doing a roll bar in it. I also have a turbo cobalt ss that has alot of fun stuff on it. I just put KW2's on it this week. That is the car I will have at the track Sunday (Black)
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 AM
The Bus
Pro

Make sure you have good brake pads. The track is hard on pads if you run hard. How do I know; I normally instruct there on Flatout Days but since it's Mothers day I'll be smart and stay home. You will love the track. If you have any questions you can E Mail me at orawiecs33@comcast.net
Old 05-08-2009, 04:44 PM
withrow79
Instructor

C6 Twin Turbo-- I'll be in one of the afternoon run groups... I'll see you there. My dad will actually be driving my vette in the beginner group for his birthday present.

The Bus-- I'm actually giving my Mother-in-Law her first track day (in my uncle's Bullitt Mustang) for her 60th Birthday present/Mother's day present so believe it or not, I actually got brownie points with my wife (and mother of my 2 kids) for going to the track...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 PM
C6 Twin Turbo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mothersday last Sunday, our son was in from Iraq for his two week leave. He left to go pack this past Monday so I planed ahead as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Good luck this weekend guys and be safe!

One of these days, I'll have the nerve to do a day @ the north track
Old 05-11-2009, 08:23 AM
withrow79
Instructor

Default Big thanks to C6 Twin Turbo!

Big thanks to C6 Twin Turbo! He was actually the instructor for my Mother-in-Law this weekend and made her feel very comfortable and helped her learn and go fast! Can't give him enough props for his help!!!

My dad's quote on the way home was "this was the most fun I have EVER had in my entire life!"

If you haven't been to Beaverun for a "Flat Out" day, I highly recommend it. Fast, but technical track with interesting elevation changes, great staff and a Safe day for all!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:02 AM
racerbob4
Instructor

Have they started construction on the track addition yet? There has been talk for a few years about making the track 2.5 miles long.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by racerbob4
Have they started construction on the track addition yet? There has been talk for a few years about making the track 2.5 miles long.
From what I've heard, they had started on it, but not sure how far they've gotten.

I won't get up there for a month for one of our region's Autocross events, but I'll look around when I do.

I've got a flat-out day there on my list of things to do.

For anyone intersted, they're having "Corvettes @ beaverun" up there @ the end of June ( 27th & 28th ). with all kinds of stuff going on there for us Corvette fans.

Get notified of new replies

To Beaverun this weekend...

Quick Reply: Beaverun this weekend...