Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back on Track Again! SCCA Regional at Portland May 8-9

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Back on Track Again! SCCA Regional at Portland May 8-9

Got my SCCA National Competition license renewed again after getting what is hopefully my last waiver for lack of participation. As I roll onto shore duty this July (and move to DC), I'm hoping to get to the track fairly regularly for the next several years.

For those in Portland who are interested in seeing an SCCA race, come on out and say hi. I'll be in the Torch Red Z06.

My class (T1) will race with the Porsche Club Cars in Group G
Practice: 10:10 - 10:35 Friday 5/8
Qualify: 2:05 - 2:30 Friday 5/8
Group G races at 2:05 Saturday 5/9

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

When I get my Natl license i'll be looking to travel up North for some races...whens the transfer to DC?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
C66 Racing

Good luck getting your National license. I think I blasted through my four regionals in about a month back in 03. Two single weekends and a double regional. Guess you'll be racing a lot with Oli down there in CA. In the small world catagory, I started my Navy career working on an FA-1 squadron based at NAS Lemoore and my wife and my first apartment was in Hanford. Had a good time there.

I'll be moving in July, but packing up the car and moving it next week as my crew is on stand down and my nephew's wedding is in Norfolk VA on Memorial Day. Good time for me to tow the Vette across country. So... guess I won't be seeing you on track anytime soon, but hope we can catch up at the Runoffs someday.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Subdriver
Good luck getting your National license. I think I blasted through my four regionals in about a month back in 03. Two single weekends and a double regional. Guess you'll be racing a lot with Oli down there in CA. In the small world catagory, I started my Navy career working on an FA-1 squadron based at NAS Lemoore and my wife and my first apartment was in Hanford. Had a good time there.

I'll be moving in July, but packing up the car and moving it next week as my crew is on stand down and my nephew's wedding is in Norfolk VA on Memorial Day. Good time for me to tow the Vette across country. So... guess I won't be seeing you on track anytime soon, but hope we can catch up at the Runoffs someday.
I will be keeping a watchful eye out for the big white trailer with a red Corvette in it traveling east on Interstate 80.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06

Damn missed you again.
Are you gonna be at Rose Cups?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

How'd it go for you last weekend, Brad?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Subdriver

small world

oh ya, def someday
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

It sure is a small world, I've got a bunch of family in Hanford, and mostly grew up in Fresno (yuck). SIK, have some ice cream for me.

Brad, was great seeing you again, glad I could help out.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome home and like a true racer, right back on the track!!!

Randy
Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Hey you're moving to the area? Great... you'll love having VIR so close
Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mgarfias
It sure is a small world, I've got a bunch of family in Hanford, and mostly grew up in Fresno (yuck). SIK, have some ice cream for me.

Brad, was great seeing you again, glad I could help out.

will do
Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by MungoZ06
How'd it go for you last weekend, Brad?
It was a good weekend. Mostly just out for fun and to get back into the swing of things. I was the only T1 car there and ran with T2 and a bunch of PCA cars. Several GT3 Cup cars out qualified and then beat me in the race... absolutely beautiful cars. Ended up 4th of 13 overall.

Unfortunately, had to be back home Saturday night for Navy social engagement so couldn't stay for the National on Sunday. Oh well. There will be other weekends.

Originally Posted by Zee Freak
Damn missed you again.
Are you gonna be at Rose Cups?
I might go down just for the races, but I'm on leave now and taking the opportunity to tow my car back east for my pending move. Works out well for me since my nephew is getting married in Norfolk on Memorial Day. I'll drive out, fly home. Leave this Sunday after a few more Navy engagements.

Mike,
It was great seeing you again and very nice meeting Heather. Thanks again for coming out to help. Was very much a stress reliever for me knowing you where there to help.

Get notified of new replies

To Back on Track Again! SCCA Regional at Portland May 8-9

Quick Reply: Back on Track Again! SCCA Regional at Portland May 8-9