Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hans Device

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hans Device

Just got an email from saferacer and noticed they have the sport version of the Hans on sale for $545. Good price, great product.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That price appears to only be the super small version, which I don't think many people will be able to wear. I just went through their site and added several versions to the cart to see the final price. A large model 20 with standard tethers is $645, and with sliding tethers is $695. The medium is the same price.

I just bought a HANS a few weeks ago, and used it for the first time April 25th. I bought a large, model 20, with sliding tethers. I was very impressed with the fit, and the sliding tethers offered the right amount of side to side movement. I had no issues with feeling uncomfortable. I would recommend a HANS.

Ken
Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That stinks. Saw the price and thought, wow, nobody ever discounts these things. I aggree though, sliding tethers is the way to go. Everyone should be using one of these.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

sliding tethers or not, they really are a great product; my dad was the official crash test dummy in the 2000 Rolex 24. I started racing and my dad bought a new one (mom and I presumed for me)...but, he gets the sliding tethers and i get his non sliding meh, i think the only time i would use the feature is in the pits anyways...and even then not much
Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
sliding tethers or not, they really are a great product; my dad was the official crash test dummy in the 2000 Rolex 24. I started racing and my dad bought a new one (mom and I presumed for me)...but, he gets the sliding tethers and i get his non sliding meh, i think the only time i would use the feature is in the pits anyways...and even then not much
You can retrofit to the sliding tethers for 100 bucks. HANS iirc says 5 years on the tethers before changing them so they do not last forever. I think I got mine from http://www.apexperformance.net/
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

thanks carl, i've been too cheap to buy em

Get notified of new replies

To Hans Device

Quick Reply: Hans Device