Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TCC Schedule

Just thought I would post the TCC schedule for this year and make you guys aware of some rule changes aimed at getting more people out racing their Corvette.

First the schedule:
June 19-21 June Sprints @ Road America - SCCA
July 11 & 12 Mid Ohio - NASA
August 15 & 16 Mid Ohio - NASA
September 19 & 20 Watkins Glen - SCCA
November 6-8 The ARRC @ Road Atlanta - SCCA

TCC has made some rule changes in an attempt to make more cars eligible to run with us. There are now 2 classes, TCC 1 and TCC 2. TCC 2 is the same as NASA ST2 class and is a hp/weight rule of 8.7 to 1. This should allow all NASA ST2 and all SCCA T1 cars to run in that class. For those with a little more horsepower we have TCC 1, which conforms to SCCA new STO rules. Consult the TCC website for all rules regarding your car.

The first race this year will be our first ever SCCA National event, the June Sprints at Road America. With the runoffs moving to Road America this year, there is sure to be a large contingent of T1 Corvettes looking to get some valuable track time at this infamous race. TCC will be entering as STO and will be in the same race group. We are hoping to make this the largest Corvette race ever and are looking to get any and all NASA guys to come out and join us for this race.

If anyone has any questions, you can pm me or give me a call at 630-844-0089. Hope to see you at the track!!!

Robert Finlayson
TCC #59
Old 05-08-2009, 08:54 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

The Glen?

Looks like you guys are slowly making you way East
Old 05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

This is great! The June Sprints is a fantastic race (from what I have been told).

If you guys continue running SCCA Nationals, then the STP numbers can grow and make that class eligible for the Run Offs.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Jaymz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be running the two MidOhio events and the ARRC.

I don't have a SCCA National license anymore (just have a regional) so I can't run the June Sprints and we will be having another baby in September so WG is out for me too.

It's nice to see a change in TCC.

I am guessing that this will alienate a small bit of the C4 guys but will add in very big numbers the ST2 guys.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Brian,
We have been running Watkins Glen for probably 10 years now, got my first TCC win there in 1999 (god , I am getting old). I love that track!!! The race we run every year is the only event held that runs the full course on Saturday and the NASCAR course on Sunday. I really like that as well as both courses have a differant feel to them.

David,
The June Sprints is the only National on our schedule this year. I will try to run another one or two on my own, with my brother, to help get car counts up. I am sure it will take a while to get a runoff class, but I am doing my part.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

I would love to run Road America but will SCCA take a NASA License
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by L98Terror
I would love to run Road America but will SCCA take a NASA License
Only for a regional race. You need to obtain a regional license and then do 4 regional races and then apply for a national license. The process is pretty easy and potentially faster than going through the NASA program.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:15 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Actually, I have spoken to SCCA licensing and have been told the following. You can run an SCCA regional with a NASA competition license, you still have to join SCCA. In order to run an SCCA National you do need a National Competition license. However, if you have a NASA competition license, you can apply to SCCA to get a National license without going thru the 4 regional races. You have to send them your racing resume and they will evaluate them. James and Ken, you should not have any trouble getting this done. They are very interested in getting this new class going and are willing to help. TCC would really like to see you guys at this race, we are hoping to have the largest Corvette field ever!!!

Give me a call if you need any help with contacts, 630-844-0089.

Make it happen!

Robert Finlayson
TCC #59
Old 05-09-2009, 05:51 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

SCCA does want to see the new ST classes succeed, as they do all classes.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:14 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see this as a good thing, just at a normal national and not the Sprints. Groupings at the sprints are chosen in an effort to minimize out of class racing, sorta like a mini Runoffs. I can see a lot of angry T-1 guys who are putting big efforts into the Triple Crown attempt if they have to race an out of class Corvette for a position. I'm all for a huge Corvette race, just someplace else.

Dave, IMHO SCCA needs to focus on growing/keeping already established classes alive before branching out even more.

Joe
Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06
I can see this as a good thing, just at a normal national and not the Sprints. Groupings at the sprints are chosen in an effort to minimize out of class racing, sorta like a mini Runoffs. I can see a lot of angry T-1 guys who are putting big efforts into the Triple Crown attempt if they have to race an out of class Corvette for a position. I'm all for a huge Corvette race, just someplace else.

Joe
Good point. I was thinking about that today, how wed be going at it and potentially having a slower STO right in our midst. Yes, I know that this is a part of racing, but as you said, this IS The June Sprints...

Oh well, let's see how things work out.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Many of the STO cars will be faster than T1 so I can imagine the STO guy going for the win being pissed off that he has to race a slower T1 car. STO was BP and is already a national class getting more cars into it is what they need to do to get to the runoffs. The Sprints count towards national participation just like all nationals.

IMHO SCCA needs to do what it is doing and let the classes get to the runoffs on participation. If a class is popular it will survive if it is not then it an be a national class without a runoffs or a regional only class.

Mat

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06

Dave, IMHO SCCA needs to focus on growing/keeping already established classes alive before branching out even more.

Joe
Old 05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

The question I have is how would they group the cars, a T1 car vs a ST2 would be interesting to say the least because the HP/lb ratio is better on a T1 car but a well set up ST2 car should be a little faster in the corners and a track like road America that really could come into play.

BTW if the car is slower than it shouldn't be a problem...wait a second I just remembered Nationals...scratch that thought
Old 05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

T1, T2, STO, STU, AS and ST will be in the same run group. Really there are only 16 cars in that group currently registered. At RA that will not be a major problem as far as traffic.

Mat
Old 05-10-2009, 06:11 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Lots of ST 2 cars have plenty of aero attachments too , spitters, spoilers, wings extractor hoods and so forth, run 335 tires in back on 12 or 13" rims and so forth.

But that may not make a difference

Three weeks ago at VIR for a SCCA National double weekend, the T1 cars were running 2:01.xx to 2:02.xx. Most ST2 cars are 2:04 to 2:07 at VIR

This weekend at the SARC / MARS regional at VIR there were NO no T1 cars

Last edited by AU N EGL; 05-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Lots of ST 2 cars have plenty of aero attachments too , spitters, spoilers, wings extractor hoods and so forth, run 335 tires in back on 12 or 13" rims and so forth.

But that may not make a difference

Three weeks ago at VIR for a SCCA National double weekend, the T1 cars were running 2:01.xx to 2:02.xx. Most ST2 cars are 2:04 to 2:07 at VIR

This weekend at the SARC / MARS regional at VIR there were NO no T1 cars
Didn't Danny Popp run a 1:59.xxx in James Forbis' ST2 car at VIR the weekend before?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Didn't Danny Popp run a 1:59.xxx in James Forbis' ST2 car at VIR the weekend before?

Ran a 1:59.6xx on heat cycled tires during TT.......Had the pole for the race finally put brand new tires on the car, but was held up playing with an SU car for 6-7 laps before James' car started getting too hot..

Only ran a 2:01.xxx during the race. The track was really green all weekend and understand others times were significantly off from the month before.......Lots of water that weekend.

I love VIR

Get notified of new replies

To TCC Schedule

Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

NASA races also have more traffic from different classes.

I guess my question is will the SCCA allow the aero mods from the NASA ST1 and ST2 classes to run in SCCA SPO ? or what ever equivalent classes?

This past weekend at VIR the SCCA Tech people where jumping all over the NASA cars, most were Spec Miatas
----------

Oh yah SOUND LIMITS ON VIR were strictly enforced. 105 dbs MAX. New sound station location. Back straight just past south course pit out on the LEFT. Of course in a vett or viper that would be in 4th gear at WOT just as you start UP the hill.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 AM
stamper1
7th Gear

Your TCC1 class will possibly fall within STO, but be prepared, I'm sure there will be a number of areas of difference, and the National T1 guys will write paper. They don't want to have their race and thier first step of the Triple Crown disrupted by a bunch of drivers from other sanctions out there for fun. I'm sure for every TCC1 car capable of running sub 2:21's, there will be 2 mixed right in the middle of the T1 race.

There is also the issue of logbooks. We will not be issuing logbooks, or doing annual tech at the Sprints without pre scheduled appointments made and scheduled with the Chief of tech.

We are expecting 450 cars this year, and there just isn't time. We don't want anyone to show up and think they can race on a non SCCA logbook, or not get to run because they cannot get logbook teched. So, if you do intend to run STO in a TCC1 prepped car, please make sure the car conforms to ALL the STO rules, and has an SCCA logbook with an annual. You can also follow the Supps, and contact the Chief of tech.

The same applies to ST2. ST2 does not = T1, and any cars entered must meet 100% of the T1 rules.

This is the problem with trying to run at a national as opposed to running as a subgroup in a catch-all class at regionals. There are no catch-all or run what ya brung classes at national races.

Finally, just because the run group has 16 cars in it now, doesn't mean it won't be 40+ by the event. The Sprints fills in 2 waves. Early entries, and right before the deadline entries.

Personally, I love TCC. When I was Chicago's RE I invited you guys to our regional at RA. You make a great field, your fun to watch, generally everyone is friendly. All that being said, The largest National race in the country is not the place to try out a new formula for a group used to self tech and limited "official" oversight.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

TCC rules:
http://tccracing.com/joomla/index.ph...101&Itemid=111

only things come to mind:

C. TCC1 is meant to mimic the SCCA STO class
"C5 or C6 cars with LS7 3200 lbs. With a choice of either a 45mm single inlet air restrictor or a 60mm flat plate behind the throttle body."

are not the NSAS ST1 and SU corvettes running a 90 or 92 tb ?

and

"TCC BODIES:

A. Bodies are to be stock in appearance, with the following exceptions:

B. Front splitter may be added. Splitter may not extend more then 2.0” beyond the bodywork.

C. Rear wing may be added. Rear wing can be no wider then the widest part of the car, not including mirrors, or a maximum width of 72”, whichever is the lesser. Rear wing, including wicker bill, shall be mounted at or below the peak of the roof. Trailing edge of the wing shall not extend rearward of the body. "

NASA ST2 and ST1, splitters are 2" to 4" and most wings are ABOVE the roof line to get clean air and more down force

Last edited by AU N EGL; 05-11-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: TCC Schedule