Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Car Blog has Moved

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Default Race Car Blog has Moved

The Race Car 360 blog seems to have gotten a little too popular. It seems that one of the advertisers complained and everything has been removed from the forum. The even took poor Lou's car off and all of the photo links that we had from Sebring and St. Pete.

The blog is still going well at Race Cars 360 but I can't place a link here. It's also on Facebook but I can't link that either.

We had a lot of fun with all of the great Corvette race cars and got some interesting discussions going. I'm not sure what to do with it but I'm in no rush. Several of the Corvette magazines have inquired about picking up the blog and a few parts companies would love to have it. I would rather keep it private though. It's just easier.

Thanks for all of your support and help over the past few months. Your support was really great. Thanks again and maybe I'll see some of you over at the site.

Richard Newton
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmmm....I smell Pro Team
Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

I love creative people. It seems no one is selling Corvette race cars in this market so a guy in Michigan got creative. He donated his '94 ITE car to a church. Could that be a tax deduction?

Now it gets even better. If you want to buy this Corvette racer you don't actually buy the Corvette - you make an appropriate donation to the church. Another tax deduction for the buyer?

I love it.

Richard Newton
Old 05-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that's a bummer about the site. It was a really nice set up you had going there. Good luck with whatever you do to it now. PS that silver 87 for $6500 with the cage, Z06 rims, and greenwood kit was a buddy of mine that I race with. Ended up convincing my best buddy from high school to buy it and he picked it up about a week and a half ago. -Eric
Old 05-15-2009, 12:38 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

It's still going strong. I just can't post any links here on the forum. I assume that you have the URL. If you don't just send me a message.

I spent most of Monday trying to get the archives to load faster. Apple was in a state of denial but finally admitted it was an Apple problem. It seems that the comments section of the iWeb really screws things up. Once I deleted the comments section the loading speed really picked up. The good part is that they found the problem and agreed that it was an Apple problem. I don't the Microsoft would ever admit to that.

btw - the Race Cars 360 is also on Facebook. Message me and I'll get the details to you.

Richard Newton
Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad no link here anymore it was nice to see the daily update and was a definate reason to come look in this section.
Mat
Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

I just found an interesting '63 drag racer where all of the lights work. I'm thinking cruise night with a tube-frame big block. Now that could be fun.

It's posted at racecars360 If you have problems just send me a message and I can send you the Facebook link.

Richard Newton

Last edited by rfn026; 05-16-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Remove URL
Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerracing
Hmmmm....I smell Pro Team

most likely a jealous supporting vendor
Old 05-16-2009, 07:54 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
most likely a jealous supporting vendor
or a vendor that sells crap product, which many of us have called out.

at least this thread does not have as many sponsors threats "TO GET IT NOW . . . . "
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Hey - at least they didn't throw me out of the forum. They just gave me a special set of guidelines. It was pointed out to me that the supporting vendors make all of this possible. Without them there would be no forum. Ok.

I spent too long in the magazine business to argue with this point. Most of the car magazines now have a rule that you can't mention a product unless the company that produces the product is an advertiser. That sort of limits things that you can write about if you're doing a tech article. I call it pimping for products - not real tech stuff.

I was lucky enough to work for a fellow called Larry Dobbs who used to let us say whatever we wanted to say. That was the reason Borla would never advertise in Corvette Fever until I left.

Borla was never very happy with me - but Larry kept me on a loose chain as long as the circulation kept going up. The interesting thing is that as the various magazines started pimping products the circulation has had a steady decline. Am I the only one to notice some sort of connection here?

Richard Newton
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Some of those Vendor Products they want blogs to pimp for $$ are questionable quality, mis-leading advertising on <koff> performance results or just plain crap. Many of these products are great products too

Some times, or many time that advertiser product just need to be "call out" for what it is.

This HELPS the advertiser or manufacture make far better products.
AND Helps the BLOG / Forum be a much better product to its members.

and ppl wonder why there are so few if any real comparisons between several products that fit in to the same category.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

I just posted an interesting '69 over on Race Cars 360. I think it's one of the road race cars where they run on the public roads out west. It's a really well done big block and it's been for sale for a while.

The interesting thing I'm watching is how the number of Corvette race cars on the market seem to be declining. The usual cars are still for sale but not many new ones are coming up for sale. It's like people have said "screw it - I'll run another season and sell it next year." At any rate we have far fewer cars arriving on the market then we did a few months back.

If you need help with the links just send me a message and I'll send you the links.

Richard Newton
Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

I think we're on a C3 thing here. What's this - the 3rd C3 in a row? This '68 is a road racer from Texas. I think it's related to the Delmo Johnson sale but I can't be sure. The same names keep coming up in both ads. Also, both cars are on the high end of the today's Corvette market. Interesting.

The seller also has some fun vids listed under You Tube. Of course I spent my time watching the Sebring vid over and over. I really am going to learn how to drive Sebring properly. Right.

If you need help with the links just send me a message and I'll send you the links.

Richard Newton
Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Before I started doing Race Cars 360 I had no idea there were so many of these faux ’63 Corvettes out there. I think they all show up on Racing Junk as well. This one looks nice in the pictures and at $20,000 for a roller the price seems lower than what the others have been asking.

Corvette Forum at Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 06:24 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

I don't find too many dedicated autocross cars. This 2001 C5 seems to have run a lot of NASA time trials. It would also make a great track day car. The lack of a roll cage makes this a real dual purpose car as well. The stock tires and wheels come with the car. Oh - You also get an enclosed trailer as part of the deal.

Corvette Forum on Facebook

Get notified of new replies

To Race Car Blog has Moved

Quick Reply: Race Car Blog has Moved