Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for some 'used' pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default looking for some 'used' pads

I've got an open track event next week and I figured it be a good time to try some new pads out. Rather then pony up for a brand new set I was thinking about trying a used pair to get the feel if I like them or not.

Currently I'm running Carbotech XP10 front & XP8's in the rear on nitto RII's. I love those pads, in fact the ONLY bad thing I can say about the XP's is the amount of dust they generate. I wouldn't even think about changing them if it wasn't for the fact that I like to try different things. Just cause something works great doesn't mean there isn't something out there that works better. Kind of the opposit of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Initially I was hoping to get a set of Hawk DTC-70's that I've heard so much about but haven't been able to score a used set. I called a couple forum vendors and got some options but wanted to see what the forum had to say.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
KWilliams
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stick with new pads for a variety of reasons. That's not an area you want to mess around with. It's like buying used wheels on Ebay. Some things you just don't do.

As far as the brake dust goes, dust is an indication the pad is doing its job. No dust, no brakes. The pads are sacrificial.

Have fun at the track. It would be nice to see more Corvettes on the track.

Quick Reply: looking for some 'used' pads