Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Just Cooling the Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Just Cooling the Brakes

Just thought I would point out a unique design feature of our cooling ducts not mentioned in any of our previous posts. Our ducts not only send cooling air to the center of the rotor, they also feature an opening that directs air to the spindle. This helps to cool a very vital part of your car at the track, the wheel bearing.

I happened to be talking with a local racer at the track this past weekend. He informed me of a discussion he had with a GM engineer on this very issue. He mentioned the engineer said all brake cooling kits for the Corvette do more harm than good because they starve the wheel bearing and spindle of cool air. The racer was not aware of our kit, and I doubt the GM engineer was either.

Take a look at the picture below to get a better idea of this particular design feature.

You can see that half of the incoming air goes to the center of the rotor and the other half is directed at the spindle and backside of the spindle/wheel bearing.

Once I informed him about this unique feature of our kit he was instantly sold.

Upgrade to our brake cooling kit and help extend the service life of more than just your brakes.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Do you have an easily-installed (no hub removal, OEM parts modifications or other 'fun' required, etc.) version for the C6 Z06 stock brakes? I'm thinking mainly for us HPDE guys - not necessarily for full W2W racing...

Is it a different kit then the C6 Z51 model?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by CrystalRacer
Do you have an easily-installed (no hub removal, OEM parts modifications or other 'fun' required, etc.) version for the C6 Z06 stock brakes? I'm thinking mainly for us HPDE guys - not necessarily for full W2W racing...

Is it a different kit then the C6 Z51 model?
Yes they do. It is different than the C6 Z51 model. I have a set of Quantum Motorsports spindle ducts coming soon for my Stoptech brakes. You don't have to remove the hub.

San

Get notified of new replies

To Not Just Cooling the Brakes

Quick Reply: Not Just Cooling the Brakes