Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS2s for the track?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Torch FRC
Safety Car

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Default PS2s for the track?

I am going to be participating in a few HPDEs this year and I was considering either getting a spare set of rims with NT01s or just using PS2 street tires to replace my current street tires. These will be my first outings on a track. It will be much more cost effective for me to use PS2 street tires for road and track. My question is will I eat up the PS2s on a single track day? I have an friend who runs PS2s on his C6 ZO6 for HPDEs and street driving who is happy with his setup. Anyone here use PS2s on the track? -Thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I did my first 10 DEs on Mich PSs. Have at it and have fun

If you getting a SPARE Set of wheels, put some Nittos on of DEs and occational street driving. If you only have one set of wheels, then put the PS2s ( Not the AS PS2s )and use for both
Old 06-18-2009, 08:50 AM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. I have run PS2 on the track and they did fine. I now run NT01s on the track only and I love the grip and the wear. Have fun.
After you get hooked you can get that spare set of rims.

Just a note of caution.... those rims will just be the start of a VERY slippery slope.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PS2s should last you several track days, especially if these are your first few days.

Although if you are serious about doing this long term, get a second set of wheels (and then some brake pads, then some racing seats, then transmission cooler, then a rollbar, then a trailer and some suspension parts, big brakes, next thing you know you paid enough to buy a ferrari - I love this hobby )
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by longdaddy
PS2s should last you several track days, especially if these are your first few days.

Although if you are serious about doing this long term, get a second set of wheels (and then some brake pads, then some racing seats, then transmission cooler, then a rollbar, then a trailer and some suspension parts, big brakes, next thing you know you paid enough to buy a ferrari - I love this hobby )

I ran PS2s on my car for a few weekends and it chewed the outside of the tires pretty bad. Car had stock alignment at that time. If you plan on tracking the car much and also driving on the street, you'll want to get a set of track tires.

I started out with a set of repro Z06 wheels and some Hoosier scrubs for the track. Love running slicks
Old 06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

"then a" x200 everything else.

Have at it and report back with Pics

Get notified of new replies

To PS2s for the track?

Quick Reply: PS2s for the track?