Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo Floating Rotors 380mm

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brembo Floating Rotors 380mm

The rotors are crucial component to the performance of the braking system. Having that BIG BIG pedal is so important for confidence, threshold braking and just going deeper in general.

The 15" rotors are a must for the biggest baddest setup. The further from center you apply the force the less force you need to move the object. Therefore creating a bigger pedal.

The 380mm Brembo GT package the pinnacle of this goal to achieve this sensation. First of all the Calipers are 'Narrow Annulus' meaning for a given rotor size they move the pad surface to the outer most area. In other words for a given rotor size the Pedal is longer.

Also the floating hardware is absolutely mandatory for a complete system. Before the Brembo GT system I had non floating rotors and at Thunderhill the suspension would deflect because of the bushings causing the non floating calipers to push the pistons back in the caliper. This caused an extremely long pedal and I had to back off.

If you want the most functional, most performance, most style look no further.

Also the Hats are made in the USA. Calipers are made in Italy.

Nothing will set your car apart like the BREMBO GT System

They are reasonably priced and we are ready to move some systems.

Please ask about the floating rotors next time you're in the market. Piston knockback is real and shouldn't be overlooked, that's why there is a name for it. If someone tries to tell you non floating rotors are as good they are lying right to your face. Is that something to be valued? Piston knockback occurs because of the suspension bushings deflecting under high load on the track and high G situations, not simply driving down the street. LOL

Bowmanized has hundreds of thousands in Brembo sales over the past two years and every single customer has been thoroughly satisfied, a level nobody can duplicate and nobody else can even come close.

I know you will love these as much as my other customers which is why you don't see used ones for sale. People keep these systems and if they do move them you'll see a much better return on investment.

When showing up isn't enough,

When you're ready to win.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:07 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you explain why floating rotors can help with piston knockback? I thought they floated radially to allow for hat/friction ring expansion but the pistons are in a different plane?

Quick Reply: Brembo Floating Rotors 380mm