Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loft claims on this wheel cleaner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Default Loft claims on this wheel cleaner!

I read this label while getting some brake cleaner and had an evil chuckle about trying it out on some super baked on pad dust.

"Instantly removes.. brake dust" yeah right! I soaked it and scrubbed many times, and it did pretty well. But not instantly!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:05 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

You should sue them for false claims
Old 07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

they will show you their test on a street driven car with fresh ceramic brake dust... voila - instant
Old 07-01-2009, 05:04 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Yeah. Run some Hawk race pads. Then drive it in the rain too. Then let it sit for a few days. Then go ahead and spray anything you want on it and see if it comes off... LOL

As a side note though. S100 I believe it is called. Sells in motorcycle shops for cleaning their shiny chrome wheels. That stuff works pretty darned good and it not caustic chemicals.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Yeah. Run some Hawk race pads. Then drive it in the rain too. Then let it sit for a few days. Then go ahead and spray anything you want on it and see if it comes off...
That's exactly what happened. My last event I used HT-10's and it rained. There was one mostly dry session and the brake mud just baked on there. I tried some other methods that did nothing so I wasn't expecting the spray to instantly clean. But it did take off the dust eventually. I had started to think the rims were ruined. Then thought of stripping them and having polished wheels.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 AM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
That's exactly what happened. My last event I used HT-10's and it rained. There was one mostly dry session and the brake mud just baked on there. I tried some other methods that did nothing so I wasn't expecting the spray to instantly clean. But it did take off the dust eventually. I had started to think the rims were ruined. Then thought of stripping them and having polished wheels.
Don't feel bad. I was down at Road Atlanta. Had fresh Hoosiers mounted up and ready. It rained. So I ran my street wheels and tires. Well those are CCW SP20A. They were really nice... duh... I thought that rusted baked on crap would never come off. I scrubbed those wheels for about 2 weeks. Iron Out worked well then the S100 took the last parts off. Then I went over them with a polish pad on a drill several times. Almost was at the point of sending them back to CCW to have them refinished.

Get notified of new replies

To Loft claims on this wheel cleaner!

Quick Reply: Loft claims on this wheel cleaner!