Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Summit Point SCCA National videos are up!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2009 Summit Point SCCA National videos are up!!

This for me had to be about the most fun i have ever had in 3 1/2 years of National racing!! I was actually the guy with the target on my back, running fastest on the test day and in the qual, netting me my first Pole Position at my home track, a track I have not so good history at!

On the start, something happened and the entire field was out of whack on the green drop, that and a moment of "what the heck" from me meant I went from 1rst to 3rd by turn 2. I went to work on Woodle and Kahn and in a few laps had Woodle, and was all over Kahn. It was a knock down drag out race that had me as the faster but Bob as the savvy racer, holding me off and allowing David Sanders to close and battle with us. Most of these laps are great to watch, especially the last few. We had incidents everywhere from Bob spinning off to dave and I almost spinning, to getting very loose in the "chute" and turn 10 more than a few times.

Eventually Dave took the top spot but I made him work for it! I set the fastest race lap at 1:19.7, my personal best during a race and with a string of low 20's. I ended 2nd, proving speed is not everything and not wanting to bump a friend out of the way for the top spot, no matter how bad I want a win at my home track! I had a few oppurtunities to root him out! Not my style though!

Best video I think I have to date, hope everyone enjoys the mayhem and close calls!

www.over1g-racing.com

May 2009, Summit Point on video page!

Joe
Old 07-05-2009, 08:55 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome driving, Joe. Sorry you couldn't hold on to P1.

The indecision by that guy in the red Porsche (in front of you at the start) cost you the race. At least now you know you can mix it up with the good Dr. and company.

Best,
Frank Gonzalez
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome driving Joe, was there oil on the track on lap 20, and also that camaro was not in t1 correct, he was racing like he was?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gonzalezfj
Awesome driving, Joe. Sorry you couldn't hold on to P1.

The indecision by that guy in the red Porsche (in front of you at the start) cost you the race. At least now you know you can mix it up with the good Dr. and company.

Best,
Frank Gonzalez

Frank,

Yeah, I don't even really know what happened on the start. I "think" if I could have held 1rst into turn 1 I could have been the scared rabbit for the entire race. I will say that Bob Kahn is one awesome and savvy driver at defensive positioning, we had talked before the race and all of us were totally amped up to race each other hard and clean. I bet Dave was just sitting behind us laughing and waiting for us to go into turn 10 side by side so he could run by us!

Joe
Old 07-05-2009, 11:01 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Awesome driving Joe, was there oil on the track on lap 20, and also that camaro was not in t1 correct, he was racing like he was?

Bob spun on oil, I think what Dave and I hit was actually the wetness/mud that had been thrown on track by Bobs spin. No, the Camaro was the A-sedan leader. I think he approached Dave after the race and apologized, he didn't realize we were racing for the lead. He had wanted to keep us between himself and the second place A-sedan car. Class act, nice guy for being up front with us!

Joe
Old 07-05-2009, 11:02 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, I'd love it if you could put the whole race up on youtube or vimeo.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by wallyman424
Joe, I'd love it if you could put the whole race up on youtube or vimeo.
Yes, I agree. It is difficult downloading each lap and then playing them one by one.

I have become a big fan of Vimeo. That is my recommendation.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

I'll talk to Rhonda about dumbing down the quality to make the file smaller and posting the entire thing on our site as one file. We've had a lot of positive feedback for our video clarity, that is why we keep it high and chunk it up, so the file is not huge for people to pull down. I don't mess with posting on Vimeo, youtube or the like for various reasons.

Joe
Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Top Flight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vids are so bad azz............I have a vert and you make me want a Z06! I notice on the first lap they are mostly Vettes and then after a mishap the other cars come up further down the field.(mustangs and others) We are truely lucky to have these cars! Bump to the top
Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Just watched the opening lap. Did Dave buy dinner for the Porsche guy?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bimota Guy
Just watched the opening lap. Did Dave buy dinner for the Porsche guy?
I think he did........the night before!!

Joe
Old 07-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Just watched the whole thing. Wow! Great battle between you and Bob, then all 3, then you and Dave.

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Summit Point SCCA National videos are up!!

Quick Reply: 2009 Summit Point SCCA National videos are up!!