Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifying stock C6 seats with pass thru grommets for harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:25 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Modifying stock C6 seats with pass thru grommets for harness

Any one do this mod? to our stock c6 seats?

http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/Corve...duct_info.html
Old 07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

In my opinion I don't think the C6 seats are worth modifying. They lack adequate side support, they're too soft, weigh too much and they sit a little high. Me thinks better to sell them and invest in a worthy seat.

I've been looking at aftermarket seats since I picked up my C6. I will probably go with a fixed back seat as I never change the angle once I'm comfortable. I have them in my other car and don't even have the option to change the tilt fore and aft.

San
Old 07-11-2009, 03:17 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Take a look at this thread where forum member Wayne O has done this:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-question.html

Also, if you're going to need to take an instructor or passenger, you'll probably need the same setup on both sides (depending on the track or sponsoring organization). Take a look at this info from the Nat'l Corvette Museum in reference to their events:

Harnesses – Restraints must be the same for driver and passenger. A driver cannot use a harness unless there is an equal one for the passenger. The stock 3-point seatbelt is perfectly fine for this event. If a person chooses to put in a “race harness” they must do so for both seats. A driver cannot use a harness unless there is an equal one for the passenger. Race Harnesses must pass through the seat and not around it and be installed as per manufacturers guidelines. Installation accuracy is the responsibility of the student.
Again, it depends on who is putting on the event, but some (PCA I believe) require that a seat used with race harnesses must be a seat that was manufactured with pass-throughs, not a modified OE seat.

I've been running Hoosiers and I'm going just about as hard as I care to push the car (I drive it to and from the track). I'm still in stock seats with the OE 3-point harness and find that it holds me in quite well. I do think that if I get to turning it into a track only car, adding a harness bar, harnesses, and start trailering the car to the track, that I'll put real race seats in the car.

Bob
Old 07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Take a look at this thread where forum member Wayne O has done this:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-question.html

Also, if you're going to need to take an instructor or passenger, you'll probably need the same setup on both sides (depending on the track or sponsoring organization). Take a look at this info from the Nat'l Corvette Museum in reference to their events:

Bob
That doesnt look too bad. I have twin 6 pt harnesses now and am considering the next thing.

I am a person who likes to save $$ but i am probably too tall for the mod like wayne O has done and that is not safe. Im thinking best to get track seats

Get notified of new replies

To Modifying stock C6 seats with pass thru grommets for harness

Quick Reply: Modifying stock C6 seats with pass thru grommets for harness