Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE Props to JB Racing tires (in Wisconsin)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
OregonVette80
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HUGE Props to JB Racing tires (in Wisconsin)

Guys, just a huge "great job!" to JB tires in Wisconsin.

I recently purchased 4 vintage Goodyear Blue Streak specials from John at JB Racing Tires. He spent 20 minutes on the phone with me discussing issues of tires for my C3.
They sent the tires all the way out to Oregon as soon promised. I got them mounted & they looked great with no fitment issues at all as promised!
But, the next morning I walked into the garage, one had a leak and the other had a manufacturing issue. Yikes. So, expecting the worst I called John (the owner, I presume) of JB racing tires and told him of these issues and much to my surprise, absolutely no questions asked, no problems no issues what-so-ever! He said "Oh no, that's not right. Let me take care of that, I'll make sure we get two new ones sent immediately, no cost at all. We just want to make it right for you." Can you believe that!?!?! Holy Smokes! In todays world of "tough crap, dude. you bought it, it's your problem" it was extremely nice, and straight-up great service from this outfit.

So, if you're looking for race tires and want somebody who knows his business and has delivered the best service I have ever had in dealing with my Vette, contact these guys. Seriously, great outfit (nice prices too!).

Anyway... Here's their info. Again, Thanks JB for all the great service!

Jb Racing Tires
4985 Hwy 50
Delavan WI 53115
Office: 262-740-0180
Cell: 262-903-4235
Web-site: www.jbracingtires.net

my name is Andy and I am not a vendor or advertiser etc. Just someone who is pleased with a small business.

Last edited by OregonVette80; 07-16-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

I bought tires from John for years when I ran an SCCA E production Datsun
240Z. He always sent exactly what he promised. On just a couple of occasions I had a bad tire. Same story, He would have another on the way by the end of the day at no charge. Great guy, who goes out of his way to help his customers. Highly recommend, JB.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
monet754
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

their new website
www.johnbtires.com is pretty easy to use and you still get the same great service
Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Dave Deerson
Advanced

Originally Posted by monet754
their new website
www.johnbtires.com is pretty easy to use and you still get the same great service
That's not John Berget's website,this is:

http://www.jbracingtires.net/
Old 09-30-2010, 09:17 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have bought quite a few tires from John and have to chime in, absolutely stand up guy, knows what he is doing and cares about taking care of you no matter what. You cannot get better than that.

-------

Not to say there are others here that are great as well, just have to give John my ultimate thumbs up

Rick
Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 PM
blkz
Pro

I've bought a number of tires from John and he has always told me if I don't like it send it back . Stand up guy . I'd say 10 guys from work use him and I'd recommend him to anyone . He answers the phone and talks directly to the customer .
Old 10-02-2010, 01:22 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Based on this thread, I just called JB and did not get an answer and left no voicemail. Less than 10 minutes later, John called my number back and asked if I was looking for race tires. I told him I was looking for a set of 275 or 295 17" scrubs to finish out the year on my rims I use for lapping. He looked around his shop and called me back 5 minutes later.

We settled on a set of 275/17 RA1s for $75 each plus shipping. I'll post up more feedback later this week, but so far I am impressed with his customer service.

-Kevin
Old 10-02-2010, 01:43 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brkntrxn
Based on this thread, I just called JB and did not get an answer and left no voicemail. Less than 10 minutes later, John called my number back and asked if I was looking for race tires. I told him I was looking for a set of 275 or 295 17" scrubs to finish out the year on my rims I use for lapping. He looked around his shop and called me back 5 minutes later.

We settled on a set of 275/17 RA1s for $75 each plus shipping. I'll post up more feedback later this week, but so far I am impressed with his customer service.

-Kevin
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

The tires arrived today and are already at the shop getting mounted. Great turnaround time and they are in much better condition than I expected for the price. There appears to be plenty of rubber which is good because I am looking for laps out of these, not times so we should be good.

I will do business with JB again.

-Kevin
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

I ordered more tires from John this week. So did another buddy. Great service and a great price once again.

-Kevin
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
redazz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered more tires from John this week. So did another buddy. Great service and a great price once again.

-Kevin
ordered mine on friday and received the following wednesday.
great service

john
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, great service, and a very good price. The send you exactly what they say they will.

-Kevin
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have made quite a few orders from John and have been absolutely happy with the tires, service and just talking with him, thanks John

Rick
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another thumbs up

Another happy customer (several times). John is a great guy.

You know I don't think I have ever seen any kind of advertising from John Berget Racing tires. (Their web site is more informational than advertising.)
I think the business relies entirely on word-of-mouth referrals from previous customers.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:43 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonVette80
Guys, just a huge "great job!" to JB tires in Wisconsin.

I recently purchased 4 vintage Goodyear Blue Streak specials from John at JB Racing Tires. He spent 20 minutes on the phone with me discussing issues of tires for my C3.
They sent the tires all the way out to Oregon as soon promised. I got them mounted & they looked great with no fitment issues at all as promised!
But, the next morning I walked into the garage, one had a leak and the other had a manufacturing issue. Yikes. So, expecting the worst I called John (the owner, I presume) of JB racing tires and told him of these issues and much to my surprise, absolutely no questions asked, no problems no issues what-so-ever! He said "Oh no, that's not right. Let me take care of that, I'll make sure we get two new ones sent immediately, no cost at all. We just want to make it right for you." Can you believe that!?!?! Holy Smokes! In todays world of "tough crap, dude. you bought it, it's your problem" it was extremely nice, and straight-up great service from this outfit.

So, if you're looking for race tires and want somebody who knows his business and has delivered the best service I have ever had in dealing with my Vette, contact these guys. Seriously, great outfit (nice prices too!).

Anyway... Here's their info. Again, Thanks JB for all the great service!

Jb Racing Tires
4985 Hwy 50
Delavan WI 53115
Office: 262-740-0180
Cell: 262-903-4235
Web-site: www.jbracingtires.net

my name is Andy and I am not a vendor or advertiser etc. Just someone who is pleased with a small business.
Andy
I was so happy to read this old post about JB Racing Tires. I recently purchased 8 Pirelli slicks from JB Racing and when they were being mounted it was discovered that the side walls were cracked. This made me a little concerned about the legitimacy of JB Racing. Like your experience , I called John and he said that the tires must have been exposed to freezing weather. He then said that he would send me 8 more tires when the weather changes and give me 2 extra tires for my inconvenience . I have not received the new batch of tires yet but reading your report made me feel a lot more at ease. I will let you know how I make out when the tires arrive.

Get notified of new replies

To HUGE Props to JB Racing tires (in Wisconsin)

Quick Reply: HUGE Props to JB Racing tires (in Wisconsin)