Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TX Motor Speedway ROVAL at night

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default TX Motor Speedway ROVAL at night

I ran at Texas Motor Speeday ROVAL last Saturday night (6 PM to Midlnight).

Here's some video at dusk so you can see the track better.
They just dropped the green flag as we passed the S/F line so we were just getting up to speed. I wanted to let my tires heat up a little more so I wasn't running as hard as later.

They've added some curbing to the infield from last year. I like it.

After watching the video I can see some places where I can pick up some time. The downshifting problems caused some problems.

I didn't get one session with me and a Viper. I was staying right with him for about 4 laps and then I blew a couple of corners because I couldn't downshift so he pulled on me.

I did get to chase down and pass a Lamborghini a few times. That was

I've got some at night but my sorry camera was really have trouble in the infield. It couldn't focus because it was dark. But it got better on the lighted oval. I'll edit some decent parts and post. Running in the dark is interesting. I braked a little late on one corner and couldn't see the track too well (transition from light to dark and the dark asphalt and dark ground). I took that turn really, really wide

Quick Reply: TX Motor Speedway ROVAL at night