Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA solo nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default SCCA solo nationals

I got this email today

So, anybody run there yet?

Is it better than last years?
Which I guess doesn't say much

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, Aug 13, 2009 12:37 pm
Subject: Solo Nationals Newsletter - August Edition

Nancy Downing, Solo Events Manager
ndowning@scca.com
800-770-2055

Solo Nationals Newsletter - August Edition

· The early entry fee of $135 ends this Friday, August 14 at 4 PM CDT. After that time the regular fee of $270 kicks in.

· Why should I enter Nationals this year??

o The Lincoln Airpark is the largest site ever used for the 37th running of the event.

o Smooth grippy concrete.

o Site is large enough to have two premier courses AND a 45 second Test and Tune course that will be available for most of the event (see website for schedule details)

o There is only one chance to experience the first Nationals at a new site.

o The Lincoln community is very eager to have us and will be very welcoming.

o The Monday night Welcome Party, hosted by the Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau, will be at the Smith Collection museum (www.museumofamericanspeed.com) that has three floors of amazing items. This will be a very rare opportunity to stroll through the museum as access is usually limited to guided tours.

· The two courses, along with the Test and Tune course were set up and tested in late June. The test car was a C-Stock Miata driven by Howard Duncan, where he turned times in the low 60’s while touching the rev limiter at least once on each course. Gate width ranged generally from 25’ to 40’, so there is plenty of room for all types of cars to enjoy the challenge. Quote: “I had so much fun testing these two courses that I made far more runs than was actually necessary for sorting things out. If folks do not enjoy these two fantastic courses designed by Chris *** (CA) and Michael Feldpush (CO), they may want to think about trying another sport as these are the type of courses that I could come in last and still be very glad I came; they were that much fun!!”

· ProSolo Finale entry has now been opened up for those folks entering only one PS event in 2009 after reserving entry for a week to those running multiple events in 2009. So, if you are a PS regular and planned to run the Finale, get your entry in NOW. Only 73 spots remain as of August 11th.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
z28cp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots and lots of nice grippy concrete. Unlike the no-grip asphalt at Topeka.

As the newsletter says, there is enough room for 2 large Nationals courses, plus a good sized TnT course, that will be open most of the week.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 PM
fej
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, Chris *** runs in the series I run in, good people and I would guess it will be fast and technical on his side. Good luck to those that are going, I am a few years away from making that kind of commitment

Fej
Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran the pro solo there earlier in the year. Great site, huge and grippy (not quite to Forbes levels though). Both vcourse designers run fast cars, and from first hand accounts the courses will be fun, and long.

I hope it swings the balance closer to even for the high hp cars like us
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

While @ the Toledo Pro last month, one of the B-stock drivers commented that the surface there was the closest to Lincoln that he's driven on...

So, Toledo has gobs of grip, very little crappy areas to deal with, and smooth.

Not sure how it stacks up to Forbes as that was JUST before my time.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AverageVetteNut
While @ the Toledo Pro last month, one of the B-stock drivers commented that the surface there was the closest to Lincoln that he's driven on...

So, Toledo has gobs of grip, very little crappy areas to deal with, and smooth.

Not sure how it stacks up to Forbes as that was JUST before my time.
Other than the break up areas, Forbes was really sticky, and had room for medium to fast flowing courses. That combination got tippy cars up on two wheels often.

Just reminiscing, but after a couple of days, so much rubber would lay down on course your shoes would stick to it walking course. You had to scrape rubber off your shoes when you got done course walking

At the lincoln pro, we actually had to clean off rubber build up from the front tires (other peoples rubbber) It has been years since I've had to do that!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

very cool

BTW... I've been @ Topeka the past few years and have loved watching your C5 out on course, plus it sounds awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA solo nationals

Quick Reply: SCCA solo nationals