Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono SCCA Double National going on right now, some T1 results!

Old 08-15-2009, 12:42 AM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pocono SCCA Double National going on right now, some T1 results!

After a wonderful day with hot but clear weather the grid is set for the Saturday race.

1. Gaudette ( 1:40.2 )
2. Sanders ( 1:40.9 )
3. Kulka
4. Yarosz
5. Warren
6. Durso
7. Sloe ( did not qual, starting from rear of field )

Sorry for the lack of everyones time, i don't want to post inaccurate info. A few others that were signed up have not shown. Don't know the reasons.

This our first time back since the incident in 2007 and it feels really good not to have any issues because of it. It was tough to get Rhonda back here but she came with an open mind and we are having a ton of fun hanging with Dave Sanders as usual. Should be a crazy race with some good guys behind me to keep me honest!

Stay tuned!

Joe

Last edited by sleeper02Z06; 08-15-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 AM
VetteRacer725
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:50 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go, Joe. Give'em hell!!! And watch out at T1 after the checkered flag flies...

Frank Gonzalez
Old 08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Race update: Sleeper boy spunout under pressure during the race. Should've saved the cheerleader post for later.

Some guy with an illegal motor won 1st

Sanders 2nd

Heinricy in A-Sedan qualified FASTER than the T-1 field. Time to pick it up guys!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongoose #26
Huh?
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Old 08-15-2009, 11:11 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Race update: Sleeper boy spunout under pressure during the race. Should've saved the cheerleader post for later.

Sanders 2nd

Heinricy in A-Sedan qualified FASTER than the T-1 field. Time to pick it up guys!
So how is this a cheerleader post? I let everyone know whats going on and it's cheerleading, for who?

And no I was not under pressure, I simply messed up. I readily admit it, many don't. 2 posts in and I'm already done, bravo. Go pat yourself on the back.....

Joe
Old 08-15-2009, 11:25 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear you spun joe. Hope there was no damage.

Did you at least have a fun weekend? its still better than work right?
Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06
So how is this a cheerleader post? I let everyone know whats going on and it's cheerleading, for who?

And no I was not under pressure, I simply messed up. I readily admit it, many don't. 2 posts in and I'm already done, bravo. Go pat yourself on the back.....

Joe
"Bitter Joe"
Old 08-15-2009, 11:34 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Is the declaration of an illegal motor an opinion or fact based on the protest process validating it?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

TMU if there was not a legal protest then the is not an illegal motor.

Good Luck today Joe
Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

I too heard that the guy sandbagged 90% of the race, then all the sudden flew by the 1st and 2nd place car on the straight, and then light footed the rest of the race just in front of the field.

Just what I heard. I don't care, I don't race, I don't know the guy, I'm not even an SCCA member anymore. just from what I heard everyone knows there is a cheater in the field.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

This has turned into an ugly thread.

Well, I'm out the door, on the way up to Pocono to watch the cheater, the Sleeper and Sanders duke it out.

Steve
Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 AM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by eogel
Is the declaration of an illegal motor an opinion or fact based on the protest process validating it?

Thanks
This guys motor was protested at another event, more than $10,000 in bond money was posted PLUS a crate motor purchased by the protestor to verify when they tore the protested motor down if each part was legal or not, and apparently the SCCA botched the whole process of the protest and subsequent tear down so badly, that they are refunding the $10k bond, AND gave the money to the guy that got protested to rebuild his car. They are "Sealing" the results of the teardown, because they apparently screwed-up the process as outlined in the GCR so badly that the results, whatever they were, could have been easily overturned.

Not too many people have the ***** and the checkbook to go ahead with a protest like that, and, when someone did the right thing to "police ourselves" (As the SCCA requires) and try and fix an OBVIOUS problem with a cheater (trust me- if the guys who filed this protest ever post their in-car video, you will see EXACTLY what I mean. This guy blows every corner, missing apexes by 3-5 feet, gets realed-in at corner exit, but pulls the following car by 20-30 car lengths down the next straight), the SCCA screws the whole process up. Not good.

Because of the way the SCCA mis-handled this, I doubt anyone else is going to go through the time and expense of taking another shot at getting this guy torn-down again. The SCCA needs to take the money they make from club racing, and keep it for club racing, and go and hire some real tech-crews to randomly hit events.

Last edited by jasonberkeley; 08-16-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2009, 08:51 AM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

thats why hp/weight is easier to police.

It really sucks to hear you guys have a cheater in your midst. I know from friends experiences that it is extremely frustrating. You can always shame him into leaving, but that'll only work if he has some semblance of a conscience.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:09 AM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wallyman424

It really sucks to hear you guys have a cheater in your midst. I know from friends experiences that it is extremely frustrating. You can always shame him into leaving, but that'll only work if he has some semblance of a conscience.
No question. After seeing this entire episode, I am inclined to believe that if the SCCA doesn't put a system in place where the sanctioning body enforces the rules (not you have to protest your buddy), than I would think the NASA system is the way to go.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:29 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonberkeley
This guy blows every corner, missing apexes by 3-5 feet, gets realed-in at corner exit, but pulls the following car by 20-30 car lengths down the next straight)
maybe he's just REALLY talented at driving straight

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono SCCA Double National going on right now, some T1 results!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Originally Posted by drivinhard
maybe he's just REALLY talented at driving straight
The superior line down the straights always wins the race.

Steve
Old 08-16-2009, 10:43 AM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Jason,

Thanks for the explanation. Had no idea about the protest background. I agree that the possibility is very slim that anyone would subject themselves to such a tech fiasco again. Unfortunately, it puts a real damper on T1 in this particular region now, and hurts SCCA. Amazing that an organization which has been doing this so long could fail so miserably.

Ed
Old 08-16-2009, 12:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wallyman424

he has no conscience and if he thinks that is winning to bad for him. With others spending thousands of dollars it is sad an inspection could be so screwed up it was useless.

I filed a complaint while in boat racing and it left me standing alone with a team of about 10 drug dealers waiting for an inspector. They also threatened to burn my boat that night so we hid it. Stood my ground and when tear down was to start they split and lost.

If a bunch of racers feel the guy is cheating for sure and don't want to spend 10 grand pool yu resources of may be 1000 each and get the cheater dumped out.

When I guy is caught cheating in SCCA waht is the penalty?

If the guy drove that bad and still walked everyone the motor had to be a big cheater and very obvious to what was done. Do they do the tear down with others present like the protester or other teams in the pits? In boat racing it would happen right in the pits.

Last edited by John Shiels; 08-16-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pocono SCCA Double National going on right now, some T1 results!